Fear of the Worst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fear of the Worst

I am newly diagnosed and am scared of the worst. My doctor says MS doesn't kill. But I keep reading things about lesions on the part of the brain that controls heart beat and lung respirations. Now that I have having weird chest and throat pain I am freaked out so bad. We have five young children. I just wanted to be around for them and be healthy.

It's scary. I'm sorry. ::Hugs::

And don't use Dr. Google!
    Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Stop stressing! I know it's easier said than done, but stress really is hard on MS. Stress has caused some of the worst flares that I've had. One thing you should try and remember when you're newly diagnosed is that the disease progress is different for everybody. I know I (like many others, I'm sure) did as much research as humanly possible when I was first diagnosed because I wanted to know every possible outcome. It's hard not to think of the worst when you're reading through all that terrible information, but you just have to remember that not everything you read will happen to you. One thing to consider would be an antidepressant/antianxiety medication. I was horribly against mood altering drugs until I was actually on one that worked for me. It has helped my MS flares tremendously, as I'm the kind of person who worries about the worst as well and tends to dwell on things that could be nothing, but are more often are perceived on my part as potentially life threatening. I hope you get some peace of mind soon. <3

~Elly~
      I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

Sorry you are having such a tough time. For me MS has gotten better with time. I exercise and manage my stress and activity level. Thus, I have less symptoms and anxiety/depression. I have learned to manage it but it has taken a couple years. If you are newly dxd, be good to yourself and try hard to live in the present. I do that now so much better thn I used to...maybe that one of the blessings of MS for me...it has pushed me to a better way of living.

PS - I say that, but my family and close friends would tell you that I still do worry just like you...perhaps a lot...but less than I used to! :-)

Comment

Working...
        X