Some days I just want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some days I just want

to sit in a hot bath, or better yet, a hottub. You know?
    Do you need or enjoy fear, worries and restlessness? If you don't, then why do you keep inviting them into your mind?

ABSOLUTELY! I am dealing with the flu right now (even after flu shot) and I told my mom I want nothing but to sit in a hot tub with jets and no heat.

I hear ya though.

Comment

Yup.

Are either of you able to stand a hot shower if you get cold first? I don't have too much trouble in the winter (in Chicago!) if I take a hot shower, though I do it right before bed, so if it makes me fatigued, I'm asleep already.

But I haven't tried a hot bath since diagnosis. Heat sensitivity is probably my worst symptom, so I've been afraid to try. But some of my old bath beads and salts and stuff are calling to me....

Comment

No, not really. The steam alone gets me feeling very... uncomfortable isn't the right word, but I bet you know what I mean.

I did go to Maine this summer and walked in the cold ocean (heavenly for me far too cold for the rest of my fam though) and my legs were still cold enough when we walked back up to the hotel that I dared to dangle them in the hot tub. Pure bliss. Well, for all of five minutes. lol

Comment

I just LOVE hot water but it does totally wear me out. I have to take my shower or bath pretty much right before I want to sleep.

It's a great sleep aid though!

I just miss all of the natural hot springs we have hear in Colorado, and those wonderful hottubs!
          Do you need or enjoy fear, worries and restlessness? If you don't, then why do you keep inviting them into your mind?

Comment

Zen, I live in CO too and am so bummed to no longer enjoy the hot springs. It is kind of funny as several years ago I went on a moms weekend up to the hot springs near Winter Park. I remember not staying in the hot water long because it made me feel "funny"....sort of sleepy and tired...just not quite right. For years I took a warm to hot bath in the evening because it relaxed me. My MS dx made all those experiences over the years make sense.

I do occasionally take a warm bath if I feel cold, but don't "sleep" in the tub for an hour or so like I used to do. Ha!

Comment

relaxation

There are days where I do curl up into a warm tub of Epsom salt and essential oils to help me feel better. It helps with pain, relaxes me and I usually sleep better. Besides that Epsom salt has Magnesium, which is an essential mineral for your body.

Comment

Mmmmm... I miss my baths
                Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

re

Hey guys..Really enjoyed this information that you have posted here. Keep it up.

Comment

HOT TUB

I DO GET IN MY HOT TUB BUT MY HUSBAND HAS TURNED THE TEMP DOWN TO AROUND 92 DEGREES, WHICH I THINK MOST HOT TUBS ARE ABOUT 102-106.

IT'S GREAT FOR ME.

Comment

had to stop riding my HOG

I used to love riding my Harley Davidson in the summer but I had to stop riding so much because of the heat intolerance. I do enjoy being outside in the summer time, but when it is really hot and humid I barely last three minutes before I must get inside.

Comment

Working...
                      X