Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hair is breaking off. Think it's from Provigil ? Please Help !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hair is breaking off. Think it's from Provigil ? Please Help !!!

I have had MS and take Provigil for my fatiague. My hair for the past 3 years has been breaking really bad, but not all of it just mainley on top right side. my hair is also much thinner, Has anyone had this happen to them ??

Oh for crying out loud- like you need that. I'm really sorry you're experiencing this. With meds, there's a 1st time for everything, so I would never venture to tell anyone it couldn't be the Rx they were taking, causing a specific side effect. I can tell you this- I have been taking provigil (now nuvigil) @ the highest dose, since 08. My hair is waist length and rather thick and I've had no problems. I looked it up in the PDR after reading your post and spoke with a friend who is a pharmacist. Both were negative for hair loss. Is it possible you are taking other meds that could be causing the problem? Are you under more stress than usual? Please talk w/your physician about this and let us know how things are going. Good Luck and know there are others thinking of you. Love and Light... Shalom, Suzanne
    You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by youngatheart View Post
      I have had MS and take Provigil for my fatiague. My hair for the past 3 years has been breaking really bad, but not all of it just mainley on top right side. my hair is also much thinner, Has anyone had this happen to them ??
      hi youngatheart, i am taking aonex and i have the hair thinning and breakage on top of my head. These things really suck don't they! Try parting your hair differently and you won't see the breakage. I don't know either what would help us I had one neuro tell me to take zinc for thinning hair i did for awhile i think it helped with the breakage just not the thinning. i should try taking it again.

Comment

A lot of meds can cause hair loss evidently. I've noticed hair thinning with Betaseron. Lyrica has hair loss listed as a side effect, and I'm sure there are a boat load more...does Provigil list that as a possible side effect.

Here's a list of some drugs that can cause hair loss...don't see Provigil, but that doesn't mean it isn't causing it.

http://www.womenshairlossproject.com...use-hair-loss/

Comment

I'm so sorry that your going through this, but without knowing you have answered a question for me.
          I've been on Provigil for 8 months and my hair has thinned considerably, mainly at the temples and at the front.
          I can hide it by styling but as I'm on so many meds, I didn't know which was causing it.
          Now I know! - it really upset me at first although im not vain, but I've mind of just adapted to it.
          I've also got a spray hair thing which hides the worst bits.
          I'm not coming off the Provigil for anything though, as it's helped me more than any other med in the all the time I've had MS!
          You're not on your own hun xx

Comment

Originally posted by youngatheart View Post
            Well, I have been suffering from hair fall too. But I doubt Provigil (Modafinil) is the sole reason for this. Maybe this blog about Modafinil hair loss can help you out.
            https://healthnaturo.com/modafinil-hair-loss/

Comment

Working...
            X