any symptoms you enjoy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any symptoms you enjoy?

i had optic neuritis as part of my first flare up, plus a previous eye injury from a bbq skewer. now i get these stars several times a day, like little flashes of light. comparable to glitter sparkling. also black dots in different spots. AND when im in a very brightly lit white room i can see my pulse, like my eye ball is throbbing, but not painful.

question is, do you have any symptoms you enjoy or are at least amused by?

Can't see the dust in my house = if I can't see it, it doesn't need cleaning!
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I do! My right forearm buzzes like a tuning fork and I find it rather amusing. It feels exactly like someone removed the bones in my forearm and replaced it with a weed-eater.

It doesn't hurt at all, so I can laugh at it.

Comment

I sometimes think my phone is ringing in my pocket.

Comment

My word substitution can be interesting..

The other night I asked my close friend if I could do her homework!

Best wishes to you!

Comment

i have a weak right hip, which causes my right leg to come down fast. in order to keep from tripping i had to train my left leg to keep up with my right.

now i walk at 4 miles per hour normally.
            i had to train my friends to keep up with me, lol.

i often would turn around and tell them 'keep up with the cripple, keep up with the cripple'

my one friend teases me by saying 'for someone that can't walk that well, you walk really fast."
            Learn from yesterday
            Live for today
            Hope for tomorrow

Comment

I have anosmia and love it! I can't smell anything half the time and the best part where it comes into play is at work, when my veterinarian bosses have to empty dog anal glands and they flinch and gag from the smell. Meanwhile, I go to the bum end, inhale like crazy and still - nothing
              Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
              UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

i should add that i sometimes enjoy the numbness in my left arm, and leg.. its just such a strange indescribable feeling.

Comment

My word substitutions can be pretty funny...watching my game of darts the other day was also quite amusing. I am now a horrible dart player! Poor wall.

OP - I am totally curious about your previous injury with the BBQ skewer
                  dxd RRMS 7/2011 - Rebif 8/2011 - Tecfidera 7/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Keepin_on View Post
                    OP - I am totally curious about your previous injury with the BBQ skewer

ha its not all that exciting. when i was 18, im 27 now, i was sitting outside at a table across from my friend. i made a smart *** remark to something my friend said, and he tossed a bbq skewer at my face.. which it hit me directly in my wide open eye. i immediately saw red, blood inside my eye, and it obv hurt pretty bad. i never went to the er or any kind of doctor for it because i didnt have insurance, and i was a silly 18 year old. a few years ago, before all this ms madness, i visited an eye doctor for contacts. the doctor told me the scar was pretty visible and im lucky i didnt go blind from the injury.

Comment

Randomly the inside of my leg gets really warm, doesn't hurt at all its just a strange feeling. Wish my feet would do that
                      You were dealt a hard card, but take comfort in the fact that you are strong because the strong are the ones that are tried the hardest.

Comment

I constantly feel like the game "operation" I used to play as a kid! BUZZZZZ

Comment

Love the Lhermitte's!

I love the feeling of electrical sensations from the Lhermitte's sign. From the tip of my head to the tip of my toes. I think there are people who take alot of illegal drugs to obtain the same sensation!

Comment

Originally posted by CougarMama View Post
                            I love the feeling of electrical sensations from the Lhermitte's sign. From the tip of my head to the tip of my toes. I think there are people who take alot of illegal drugs to obtain the same sensation!

i try to think of it that way! sometimes its neat to have numbness, or tingles. people should be jealous

Comment

Lol I was thinking the same, Cougar Mama! Lhermitte's is pretty funny. Like a massive electric shock from my neck to my toes. The word replacement is also a riot. I never seem to choose a semi-normal word to use incorrectly. It's always the most off the wall, non-sensical replacement.

Comment

Working...
                              X