My legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My legs

My legs are getting weaker even through I am excising, also my arms. I will see my nurologist on the 24th of this month and I pretty know what he is going to say. I told my dh he just said you just need to exercise more , I exercise twice a day. Poor thing. I feel more bad for him than I do for myself.
    May God be here for both of us.
    God Bless Us All

Hey REG ~

From my experience, exercise helps some, but the disease progression didn't stop, unfortunately.

Sorry to learn that your legs are getting weaker.

I can certainly relate to that.

We can only do the best we can.

Maybe a PT assessment would help to target the weakness in specific muscles, and the therapist could help with exercise suggestions for these muscles?

In any case, blessings to you and your DH.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this. It's so hard. This disease sucks, pardon my words. I'm also sorry your hubby doesn't seem to "get it". I find that often even the well-meaning and loving people in our lives don't fully get it.
      "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
      ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you KoKo and Pistachio
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi Reg53. Does your husband go to your neuro appointment with you? Maybe if he hears directly from a neuro, he will understand more. Exercise is important, but it does not mean all progression stops. We all have different abilities based on our disease course. All we can do is exercise to our best ability.

Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
            My legs are getting weaker even through I am excising, also my arms. I will see my nurologist on the 24th of this month and I pretty know what he is going to say. I told my dh he just said you just need to exercise more , I exercise twice a day. Poor thing. I feel more bad for him than I do for myself.
            May God be here for both of us.

Hi Reg,

Having MS for many years doesn't mean that even we understand it! Your husband simply doesn't understand... who could? Forgive him, he means well. And a neurologist can give you 'book' knowledge, which may be helpful but remember everyone's MS is as different as each of us is.

The disease progresses slowly, quickly, with pauses maybe but I haven't heard of it stopping.

What I can say subjectively is that exercise helps.

A healthy body and attitude will respond positively to an invasive operation, no doctor will say different. Exercise and stretching assist an MSer with spasticity and mobility. It teaches discipline also... something we can all use. It may help with my cognitive abilities too, I've noticed no decline blessedly.

So, do what you can but keep at it, being hands-on allows you a sense of control unlike any other.

Comment

Working...
            X