Tecfidera severe stomach pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera severe stomach pain

I posted this in the medication section but I'm anxious for some imput...I'm afraid my post may just sit there for a while.::

Hello,

I've been on Tec for almost 2 years and have had some of the usual side effects, flushing, and mild stomach issues here and there. Well, today I had KILLER stomach pain about 2 hours after taking it ( I also took vit C) about that time the stomach pain started....the pain is/was about 8 out of 10. I call the pharmacy and they said it shouldn't be the Tec but I've also had really bad random flushing... Any thoughts?? The pain is acceptable at this point ...I'm ok enough to type this message.......before I was incapacitated. Even though the pharmacists said it wasn't the Tec, I just have to figure it is ??? I was fine when I woke up this morning...Also, I vomited 2 times.

Sorry for the painful experience. I am not a Tec user, so I have no experience. I do believe severe abdominal pain and vomiting after being on it awhile is rare. It probably warrants a call to your Neuro. The other possibility is you had a stomach bug - it is going around here. So you could also wait and see if it happens again when you take your Tec.

​Drink lots of water to rehydrate. Hope you continue to feel well.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Oh wow. I hadn't heard of that side effect, but, I'm not on Tec either, so I don't know what the norms are.

I agree that it warrants a call to your neuro.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

So I am thinking maybe it was just a 24-hour stomach virus. Boy, it was rough! I had a hard time sleeping. Had to take off work today. I just made the connection to the Tec because it was 2 hours after taking it. I guess the virus decided to hit me then.

I skipped my morning dose but will take the afternoon dose. See how it goes.

I will be seeing my neuro in a couple of weeks for my 6 mo check-up. I double check with him at that time.

Comment

I was on Tec for I think 2 yrs, I never had any stomach issues. Have you read the Tec thread in the medicine group?

I'm glad you are feeling better
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
          X