Incidental finding on MRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incidental finding on MRI

Hi Everyone. I have not posted here in a long time. I have been diagnosed with MS since 2004. I have recent MRI this week and in was flagged with incidental finding. It noted I should discuss with Dr. I have an appointment tomorrow. I am scared to death. In all my years of having MRI's I have never had this happen. Has anyone else had experience with this? Thanks.

Hi Merita and welcome back.

Yes - and it turned out to be a sinus infection, but strangely, I had no symptoms. I do get them, but had no pressure, congestion, etc...

ABout 20 years ago, my brother had an MRI after a car accident for a concussion. His report had an incidental finding to review with his Neuro. They told him it was a tumor. When they went to do surgery, turned out he had a hollow jaw! He played 8 years of football, amazing he never broke it. So they were able to get the marrow to generate and fill in.

It is so stressful when they do that. Here's hoping it is something quirky like above. Please let us know how you make out. Will be thinking of you.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
      Hi Merita and welcome back.

Yes - and it turned out to be a sinus infection, but strangely, I had no symptoms. I do get them, but had no pressure, congestion, etc...

ABout 20 years ago, my brother had an MRI after a car accident for a concussion. His report had an incidental finding to review with his Neuro. They told him it was a tumor. When they went to do surgery, turned out he had a hollow jaw! He played 8 years of football, amazing he never broke it. So they were able to get the marrow to generate and fill in.

It is so stressful when they do that. Here's hoping it is something quirky like above. Please let us know how you make out. Will be thinking of you.
      Thanks so much for responding and the well wishes. The funny thing is that I feel like I have sinus infection now. I can't wait to see the doctor and I scared to death at the same time. I will definitely let you know how I make out.

Comment

Originally posted by MERITA View Post

Thanks so much for responding and the well wishes. The funny thing is that I feel like I have sinus infection now. I can't wait to see the doctor and I scared to death at the same time. I will definitely let you know how I make out.
        Understand that feeling. Lots of luck
        Kathy

Comment

Please let us know how you make you. Sending good vibes.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

Yes; I'm following this. Please let us know.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Everyone- This was not what I expected. I may or may not have new lesion on my cervical spine. It showed up on one slide and not the other. This was the first time there was a note on my report like that and was referred to as an incidental finding. I have been having MRI's at Penn for 17 years. My neurologist told me the radiologist just wanted to note the possible new lesion. He wants me to go back in 6 months to have another MRI to be sure MS is not acting up. Thanks for all of your responses and well wishes. I really do appreciate it.

Comment

Merita, how did the appointment go? I hope the incidental finding was nothing.

My father had an MRI for an unrelated issue and they incidentally found a brain tumor. He had surgery and had it removed and has been okay these last 20 years.

"Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
                ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you for the update!
                  He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                  Anonymous

Comment

Thanks Merita. Sounds like both the radiologist and Neuro are being extra cautious and thorough. All positives.

I hope you are not too stressed or worried. On a side note, I may be switching to Penn, as my Neuro is closing up shop and joining Jeff. I may follow initially, but not happy with how he went about it all.

Take care!
                    Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by MERITA View Post
                      Hi Everyone- This was not what I expected. I may or may not have new lesion on my cervical spine. It showed up on one slide and not the other. This was the first time there was a note on my report like that and was referred to as an incidental finding. I have been having MRI's at Penn for 17 years. My neurologist told me the radiologist just wanted to note the possible new lesion. He wants me to go back in 6 months to have another MRI to be sure MS is not acting up. Thanks for all of your responses and well wishes. I really do appreciate it.
                      Possible new lesions are never the news that we wish to hear. I hope that your news in 6 months will be better.

~ Faith
                      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                      X