MSWorld Volunteer Dave Has Passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the obituary link, Marco.

It appears that Dave passed on his 55th birthday.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Such sad news about Dave (aka hunterd) but thank you for sharing, Marco. He definitely fought a hard battle with MS, along with diabetes. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

It amazed me how he was able to adapt to the many challenges he faced with MS. Like using computer speech hardware when he could no longer type with his hands—and doing things he loved outdoors, like potting flowers and deer hunting—despite being in power wheelchair. Never could quite figure out how he managed to do all that he did, as a power chair user myself. Even though he sometimes found himself in a predicament while outdoors (like his power chair tipping over or getting stuck), he didn't let it stop him. He was truly an inspiration me.

Enjoyed our talks about our kids, as mine aren't too much older than his. His daughter is currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in neuroscience. Maybe one day she'll be involved in the research that cures and/ or prevents MS.

I thought of him often while my son in was grad school, as he didn't live that far from UB in NY. Had hoped to meet up with him sometime in person, but we only drove past his neck of woods in PA when my son first started and then when he graduated five years later (route through Canada from metro Detroit was much faster than the one through the states). Just wasn't enough time for us to stop that first time, and then there was covid ...

Will always remember his kindness, sense of humor, and how much he tried to help everyone at MSWorld, including me. I'm grateful to have met him here, and for this community.

Rest in peace, Dave. You will be missed, but know you are in a better place now—no longer suffering or confined to a wheelchair—and rejoicing with the angels

Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        Thanks for the obituary link, Marco.

It appears that Dave passed on his 55th birthday.
        Yes, he passed away the morning of his 55th birthday.
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
        X