MSWorld Volunteer Dave Has Passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSWorld Volunteer Dave Has Passed

It's with a heavy heart to announce that a former MSWorld volunteer has passed away.

Dave was in charge of the Message Boards and also was a chat room moderator.

I really don't have any additional details, but wanted to pass along the news to those of you that knew him.

With or without MS, life had it's challenges. Dave had his share and then some, but he was a warrior. I hope you all will take this post as a good reason to let those dear to you that you love them. Be grateful for what you have and take time to count your blessings.

I know my life was blessed to have gotten to know Dave.I am grateful for MSWorld and for all of our community.

I wish you well...

Thank you for sharing this sad news, Marco. Dave was so caring and considerate and had a great sense of humor. My life was also blessed to have known him. We had many wonderful conversations over the years and he will be sorely missed. I am grateful that he is at peace.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Dave was friendly, easy to talk to, big hearted, and always willing to help others.

Deepest sympathy to Dave's family.

Rest in peace, Hunter Dave.
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Marco,

I am sorry to hear of your friend and MSW volunteer Dave's passing. And yes it is a sound tribute to....

... hope all will take this post as a good reason to let those dear to you that you love them. Be grateful for what you have and take time to count your blessings.

Comment

My deepest condolences to all who knew him. I am truly sorry to hear. I remember him as so engaging, ever helpful to anyone seeking help. Many a post he helped me out when I was struggling. Prayers for Dave and his family.

For members who have been around for awhile, Dave's username was hunterd.
          Last edited by pennstater; 08-02-2022, 09:18 PM.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Very sad news. He was an extremely compassionate person. I send my blessings to his family.

Comment

It is sad news. When I first joined here I didn’t know if it was the place for me , and I read hunterds stuff and thought if it was ok for a guy like that then it should be ok for me too. Rest In Peace hunterd and thank you for being here and helping. Amen. !
              It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Such sad news.
                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                Anonymous

Comment

The obituary is up
                  https://www.bruggerfuneralhomes.com/...36&source=EmSh

Comment

Thank you Marco. Bittersweet to put a face to the screen name via obituary. If anyone is interested it is easy to donate to the requested chapter online as opposed to snail mail listed in obit.

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Chapters/PAX/Donate
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    Anonymous

Comment

I remembered him when you said his user name. I pray for peace and support for his family.
                      God Bless Us All

Comment

My thoughts to his family and friends. It is always sad to hear of someone's early passing. While I did not know Dave I am grateful for his work with this forum and allowing us all to have a safe place to share information and assurances.
                        "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
                        ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this. Dave trained me to be a moderator, many years ago. I've sometimes wondered about him.
                          ~ Faith
                          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

He truly was a warrior with the kindest and most gentle heart. Rest in peace dear Dave.
                            MSWorld Administration

Comment

My heart breaks. He was a great guy and persistent. I don’t really know what to say but I will miss him as all of you do. I could always count on him for some advice or opinion.
                              Life passes quickly and every day matters. I hope we all can make the best of each and every day no matter what.

love, love & more ❤️❤️❤️
                              Nothing is Impossible.......

Dx'ed in 1988
                              Founded MSWorld in 1996

Comment

Working...
                              X