Abd pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abd pain

Anyone here have abdominal pain, bloating and other stomach problems. Been in the hospital twice with severe abd pain and haven't been diagnosed with anything. I have not had abd problems before but after reading more MS symptoms can be from the intestines. Have an appointment with GI doc Friday. Please help so I can tell the doctor. Thanks

I frequently get bad cramps after eating . I read that MS and IBS can occur together so I believe this is my problem. The issues with my bowels are the worst symptoms that I have. There is not much I have been able to do about it. I take something for the gas cramps but it doesn't always work. I too would appreciate any other ideas.

Comment

I’m so sorry you have had to go to the hospital for stomach trouble. I sure hope it’s not anything serious.

i don’t know whether MS causes bloating and other stomach problems. We do know that it can slow down the intestinal track and cause constipation.

Since I got MS I haven’t been able to eat as many fruits and vegetables because it causes cramping. Before, I could eat a whole grocery store full of produce and be fine. So I guess I can concur that there is some relationship.

Comment

I wake up with gas and the need to have a bowel movement. Sometimes this happens in the middle of the night. I have IBS. In 2008 I had emergency surgery to correct a blockage. They took about 6 inches of small bowel out. So I don't think I will ever be the same as before that surgery. In my case, I don't think that had anything to do with MS. The blockage was due to previous surgeries..... scar tissue. Hope you get some good advice from your appointment.
        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

I read that peppermint oil capsules help with the gas and pain, and I don't eat spicy foods and eat very little. I take it daily and also drink peppermint tea. It helps.

Comment

I’ve heard peppermint capsules help with it, too. Thanks for reminding me. I think I will order some right now.

Comment

Working...
            X