Blood Pressure dropping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Pressure dropping

I'm not sure if we have talked about this.. can't remember. Does anyone here have occasional drops in blood pressure? It's not dangerously low, but low for me. It's been as low as 96/58 in the last couple of weeks. But usually still in range. The dr. told me to cut my Lisinopril in half, which I do some days. But on the really low days I just don't take it. I always, always show pretty high at the doctor's office so I believe I have White Coat Syndrome. I was dx with high blood pressure based on the readings on the dr's office. But lately I'm testing lower than I should. I still have a lot of anxiety and probably should be testing higher. This stuff is kind of confusing for me and I don't know if I'm handling it the right way. And I've had a couple of e/r visits when my bp was extremely high for no reason. So........ anyone have any advice??? Thanks
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I'm sorry you are having these concerns, Marti. With blood pressure problems it is scary. Mine is constantly high even though I have been to several cardiologists. I hope your blood pressure levels out at a good number so you don't have to worry about it. Hang in there!

Comment

Hi Marti,

Bio puts us at near the same age! I say this attempting to put your mind at ease.

From the age POV we know ourselves pretty well by now and have dealt with MS 20+ years.

If the anxiety continues, it may be relieved by a call to your doctor.

If you calm yourself, it may result is better numbers...? And you addressed the problem without the call.

Many here will advise the call others will restate that we're all different. Listen to your heart.

Comment

My blood pressure drops in the warmer months. I cut my blood pressure meds in half during this time. I had Talked to the Dr. about this and he said the capillaries open more in the warmer weather causing this. Once it starts getting cooler out my blood pressure goes back up

Comment

Working...
        X