Shingrix Vax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shingrix Vax

Just some info on the shingles vaccine I wasn't aware of.

After moving to a new location I followed up with new dentist & doctors etc. Received my wellness check-up a few weeks ago and the blood work panels as per script.

Apparently there is a blood test that can determine if you ever fought off chickenpox. News to me. Always thought that if you never had chickenpox, as I was told, you can't get shingles in the future.

So, I now have a script to receive the vaccine (2 shot deal)! Most here are probably aware but I wasn't.

Last thing from my new doc... If you are on Medicare, it will not be covered in a doctors office but if you go to local pharmacy for shots it is covered !?

This is a good reminder and good information regarding coverage. I need to schedule my second one. The covid 2nd booster got in the way in between, lol.

Yes a varicella titer will tell someone if they had chickenpox.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Scheduled my first dose in a week. Hoping only side effect is the really sore arm. Scheduled it after 3 friends broke out with it.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I go in next month for my first shot. Hoping for little side effects. Had Hernia surgery in May and that screwed me up, haven't walked since

Comment

Had my first one. Sore arm for two days and a little fatigue. Thankfully that was all. The second is supposed to be 2-6 months after the first. Definitely will schedule.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X