Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone getting their 2nd covid booster shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone getting their 2nd covid booster shot?

I am deliberating on getting my 2nd booster shot as it's been over 6 months since the last and I'm well over 50. I can't decide on whether to get it now as we are approaching better weather and spending time outside with others or wait till fall when we're back inside.

I always have major side affects that affect my legs causing really severe spasms for a few days which I absolutely dread.
    Does anyone else have this problem?

Of course, I dread getting covid even more. And I'm alarrmed by the recent number of infections rising too. I can't make up my mind.
    Last edited by Seasha; 05-17-2022, 03:42 PM.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Since I volunteer in-person and also involved weekly with high school youths, I did get mine about 6 weeks ago. Cases started rising again around here. I know about 10 people who have caught it since, mostly boosted too. Thankfully, most had no symptoms or minimal.

I figured I will get as many boosters as needed. I haven't really had side effects though, so a little easier consideration.

Just found out I had an exposure on Saturday at a college graduation party, so crossing my fingers and saying prayers. Tested negative today. But think days 5-7 are usually the higher probability days.

Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I had my second booster in April 2022. No problems.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hi Seasha!

Like Snoopy, my second was mid April.

Never had a problem with shots, but can understand hesitancy if you experience major side effects....

Comment

I have decided to stop getting the boosters. I listened to the webinar regarding vaccines and MS treatments and my medication is one that it is very likely the booster doesn't stay in my system and isn't really worth getting. There is actually some injection that is better that would last 6 months as a "cover" however it's only for high priority people and that includes those beyond just MS. I figured if the effectiveness is severely decreased d/t my medication then why keep getting it. I just up my precautions as much as possible.
          Dx March 2018; possible first episode: August 2011
          Tysabri May 2018-June 2019, Mayzent July 2019

Comment

We are just starting to see an uptick in cases after several light months. I’m planning to get second booster and am back to masking up at grocery store etc even though close or a lengthy exposure is unlikely. If someone sneezes or coughs in my vicinity it grates on me.

I haven’t done any indoor socializing without a mask in over 2 years. I’m just not going to chance it and don’t have difficulty wearing a surge mask.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

I had the first booster. And, in mid February, I had a mild case of COVID, so that likely gives me some extra immunity.

But I'm planning a vacation in mid July to a family reunion with 120 of my closest relatives - yes, really.

My doctor recommends getting a second booster in mid June for maximum effectiveness.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I had my first booster in November and it was hard on me. I was afraid to get my Ocrevus , because of Covid,but ended up getting it March 4 th. Then three weeks later caught Covid. Finally after nine weeks I’m feeling better. What a battle. I read Reg got it and takes Ocrevus also and had a time of it. I didn’t have to go to the hospital fortunately so I’ll get my next booster, it had to have helped. However they say wait three months after Covid. I’m pretty sure I had the same virus two years ago. This time was the same thing plus loss of taste and smell and digestive issues.
                All my family had it but for me it was a little more severe and lasted a lot longer.
                I'm happy now to have it over with and shouldn’t have to worry about for another two years. It’s a bad dose.
                It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
                  If someone sneezes or coughs in my vicinity it grates on me.
                  Jules I do understand, I really do but something to keep in mind —- I have asthma, mine presents as “coughing” asthma. I try so very hard not to cough in public because it really does freak many people out. Sometimes I simply can’t suppress the cough. Take care!
                  Diagnosed 1984
                  “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post

Jules I do understand, I really do but something to keep in mind —- I have asthma, mine presents as “coughing” asthma. I try so very hard not to cough in public because it really does freak many people out. Sometimes I simply can’t suppress the cough. Take care!
                    For sure and this time of year I also try to remember many are probably seasonal allergies too.
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    Anonymous

Comment

Good to hear from those of you that got your shots. I made up mind and made an appt for next Tues, so we'll see how it goes. I have plenty of tizandine for when I get those spasms. Hoping I won't have to use it!
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                        Good to hear from those of you that got your shots. I made up mind and made an appt for next Tues, so we'll see how it goes. I have plenty of tizandine for when I get those spasms. Hoping I won't have to use it!
                        Hey Seasha!

I think you have made a good decision.

I'm getting mine as soon as it's time, September I think. Can't come soon enough for me.

I was lucky with no severe side effects, and a pediatric needle was used (not enough muscle or fat on my arm for a grown-up needle).

Now that I'm in a place with many people and their visitors, I'm feeling like my old germophobic self again.

Good luck Seasha, and hope you don't have the bad spasticity this time.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I will get mine just don't know when. I had Ocrevus in March and I will see my neuro next month, I will ask about it

oceanpride, I'm sorry you had covid and I'm glad you are doing better.

Seasha, I hope it doesn't affect you like before.
                          God Bless Us All

Comment

You guys/gals have motivated me. My second booster is scheduled for tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too bad. The others were mostly localized pain and flu like symptoms. Thanks for the public service announcement, lol.
                            Anonymous

Comment

We went on a cruise at the end of April, so I got my 2nd booster two weeks before we left, slight fever with some leg weakness. My two previous shots I had a higher fever and major leg weakness. Needed a lot of help from my husband for about 12-18 hours.
                              Paula

Comment

Working...
                              X