Nervive OTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervive OTC

Has anyone heard of or tried Nervive pm nerve pain reliever? I just caught a commercial on tv about this and am curious. Thanks
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Originally posted by marti View Post
    Has anyone heard of or tried Nervive pm nerve pain reliever? I just caught a commercial on tv about this and am curious. Thanks
    I'm curious too.

Comment

Hi Marti. I like it that you are resourceful in searching for answers.

I checked the ingredients in Nervive. It is alpha liphoic acid and vitamin B12.
      When I first got diagnosed there was a member of this site that was strongly recommending it to everyone. I went out and bought some alpha liphoic acid. Just to be sure if it was ok I asked my neurologist what she thought.

Her reaction was not that enthusiastic. She said it is dealing with nerves and there is no regulation.

She convinced me not to try it at the time but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t work.

When I Googled Nervive what stood out to me was how many businesses are trying to capitalize on the pain that has become all too common in the world right now. Time to put poppies in my prayers. They are very pretty flowers.

Comment

Thanks guys. So far I'm not impressed by this one. But, I do try to dig around before I try anything new.
        Marti

Comment

of the 3 major types of pain: somatic visceral and neuropathic (nerve pain) the last one is the hardest to treat i have significant
          reservations to some OTC stuff is gonna treat "nerve pain".....

Comment

Speaking of pain, for those who live in states where medical marijuana is legal, has anyone tried it?

Was it helpful? Were there any side effects?

Comment

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
              Speaking of pain, for those who live in states where medical marijuana is legal, has anyone tried it?

Was it helpful? Were there any side effects?
              I tried the CBD oil with zero success. Gave it up quickly.
              Marti

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post

I tried the CBD oil with zero success. Gave it up quickly.
                Me too. Tried the oil and cream, and it did nothing.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I heard a lot of hype about CBD when they first thought it was the part of the plant that would relieve pain but most people I have talked to didn’t get any benefit from it.

I tried it, too, with the same result.

But some people where I live are telling me that the pain relief comes from the THC.

MMJ is legal in 30 states now so someone must have tried it.

Comment

I heard a lot of hype about CBD when they first thought it was the part of the plant that would relieve pain but most people I have talked to didn’t get any benefit from it.

I tried it, too, with the same result.

But some people where I live are telling me that the pain relief comes from the THC.

MMJ is legal in 30 states now so someone must have tried it.
                    Interesting that you brought this up. KoKo posted this recently--- https://www.msworld.org/forum/forum/...asms-in-trials

From reading this, the main ingredient of Sativex is THC. It hasn't been approved in the US but it's approved to treat MS-related spasticity in more than 25 countries, including those of the European Union, the U.K. and Canada.

It doesn't help nerve pain however. Only spasticity.
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks, Seasha. I may try this. Although I struggle more with neuropathic pain than spasticity but this might help a little.

Comment

You know anything that helps neuropathic pain?

Comment

Have you tried lyrica?

Comment

You know anything that helps neuropathic pain?
                            Palmtree, The National Multiple Sclerosis has a listing of different pain that can be experienced with MS and the options to treat. Sometimes it's trial and error to find what might help your pain, sometimes pain requires a combination of medications, and sometimes we learn to live with some degree of pain.

Robert152 mentioned Lyrica, I get relief (to some degree), from Gabapentin. I did not do well pain wise with Lyrica.

National MS Society:
                            MS Symptoms & Signs of MS | National Multiple Sclerosis Society (nationalmssociety.org)

Diagnosed 1984
                            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by robert152 View Post
                              Have you tried lyrica?
                              Yup! It helps but doesn’t stop pain for very long.

Comment

Working...
                              X