Can not feel my tongue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not feel my tongue

Hi everyone, when I woke up this morning I can not feel my tongue. My question is this normal? Is there anyone gone this and what has your doctor helped you?

If this is a new symptom and lasts 24-48 hours, you should call your neuro. Do you still have relapses, or are you SPMS with flares? It could be a relapse.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

diguilio -- I've read some of your other posts. Welcome to MSWorld. I agree with Pennstater. It could be either a replase or a flare. Please call your neuro. It's important that they remain aware of new or recurring symptoms.

Regarding whether it is MS related, my perspective is usually that anything COULD be MS, because MS is neurological and the brain affects everything. But not everything IS a part of our MS, so we also need to look for other possible causes.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
      X