Trouble writing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble writing

Hi everyone. I have ms for about 15 years and I am having trouble writing with a pencil or pen. My question is are there any special pens or pencils out there that may help me out a little I can’t even read my writing so any suggestions…….thank you

I have had trouble writing since 1988. It first started with sloppy letters, then my hand started feeling paralyzed and then the tremors got so bad I couldn’t write anymore.
    I now avoid writing as much as possible but if I must write something I take a piece of printer paper and a large felt pen. I don’t write, I draw each letter painstakingly. On a regular size printer paper I might get two words. I will write “OPEN JAR” and that will take up the whole sheet of paper.

One thing that has been helpful is the SNAPTYPE app. It is an app that makes it possible to fill out forms without picking up a pencil. I can type whatever goes on the form, print it up and done

Comment

It really depends on the nature of your difficulties. If you are having tremors they make special gloves and special pens for that. There are also specialty grips, slanted boards to change your wrist position, etc, etc. I hope you find something that will help. I wish you well...

Comment

If you have access to occupational therapy in your area, a consult may help you to see what assistive device may help and/or exercises that may improve your ability.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

What is the app for helping me with my writing?

Comment

The app is called SNAPTYPE. All you have to do is Google SNAPTYPE and download it. If you want to fill out a form take a screenshot of each page(to take a screenshot hold down the power button and home button at the same time) Then you set up a file for that page. Push the + button and pictures will come up. Select the picture that you just took as a screenshot. Now you are ready for the fun. Just play with it. You can make the letters really large or really tiny. You can type your text and position it afterwards. You will enjoy the relief of not having to fit letters into boxes holding a pen.

Comment

Working...
            X