I always blame MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always blame MS

I don't feel good most of the time and always blame MS. It can cause so many different problems. But for the past three months I have been very sick three times with lack of appetite, vomiting and back pain. I went to the emergency room the last time (10 days ago) and they didn't find anything but ran only a few tests. I know these three occasions were not due to MS and at first thought it was food poisoning then the second time a side effect of my second vaccine shot and lastly a kidney stone. No. My doctor is running a complete set of tests and I hope that I can get to the bottom of this. I have worried that I missed something serious becuse I always blame MS.

I am glad your doctor is running a full set of tests. It's easy for us to blame MS and wait things out, but it is an important reminder that we should rule other possibilities out first. I hope you get some answers and relief soon.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Oh Loopey... I always, always want to go to MS first. It sort of comforts me to think these weird upsets are "just" MS and will go away. I know I'm gambling by doing this, but I understand your thinking. Hope it all works out. Stay healthy dear friend.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

I don't usually be assume that problem are related to my MS. My approach is more "maybe". It could be MS but it might not be.

It's always a good idea to rule out other things.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. In August almost everything shuts down in Italy and I can't get any of the tests done until September. It has been very, very hot as well which makes all my MS symptoms worse. I am sure I will get to the bottom of this and thank you again!

Comment

It is often difficult to distinguish MS discomforts from other health problems. I, also, tend to figure something is just MS until something huge happens.

I hope you can get some relief once the doctors finish the testing

Comment

I also tend to think everything is MS and recommend reserving the ED for actual life threatening emergencies as that is what they are designed to triage. I take everything else to my established physicians- PCP, neuro etc. who know my history and baseline.
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by loopey View Post
                Thank you all for your responses. In August almost everything shuts down in Italy and I can't get any of the tests done until September. It has been very, very hot as well which makes all my MS symptoms worse. I am sure I will get to the bottom of this and thank you again!
                I am sure most of Italy is without air conditioning. I have been following how hot some of Europe is. I can't even imagine. Praying not a sign of summers to come.

I live in A/C once the temp hits 85 F or above. At our cabin, no A/C. This summer has been hot even there, with temps high 80s and low 90s, with humidity. Most people don't have A/C, as historically, not needed. Our neighbor put it in for his wife, who also has MS. But it has been a stormy summer, so she hasn't been up, worried power will go out. So now he is going to get a generator large enough to power the A/C.

Hope you get relief from both the heat and symptoms sometime soon.
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
                X