FDA Gives Green Light for Multiple Sclerosis Stem Cell Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FDA Gives Green Light for Multiple Sclerosis Stem Cell Trial

Non-profit research organization Hope Biosciences Stem Cell Research Foundation (HBSCRF) has received FDA authorization for a randomized, double-blind, single center, Phase II clinical trial to assess the efficacy of multiple intravenous infusions of autologous adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells in improving symptoms and quality of life in patients with mild-to-moderate multiple sclerosis (MS). https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...tem-Cell-Trial
    MSWorld Administration

Interesting article, thank you.

"Twenty-four patients will report to HBSCRF for six infusions over 32 weeks. A single infusion in the treatment group consists of 200 million stem cells, or approximately 1.2 billion stem cells per patient over the course of study. HBSCRF remains the only organization globally to administer pure, fresh mesenchymal stem cells, an adult stem cell harvested from fat, in such high quantities over repeat treatments."

Wow, a single infusion has 200 million stem cells!
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

That sounds like good news. Stem cells has always been something that has looked promising.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
      X