Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a "new" topic, but how is the heat treating you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
    Thanks for bringing up such a vital topic. Anything over 70 wipes me out.

Last weekend I wasn’t ready to start using the AC and spent the entire time in a state of delirium. I was dozing in and out of sleep. I lost track of time. I’m not sure what I was thinking but I decided to skip Saturday. I didn’t know if it was day or night.

Caregivers wanted to call 911 but I assured them I was just hot. Sure enough, when I turned on the AC I came back to life.

I know what you mean. I hesitate until around noon before turning on the a/c. I really don't like it, but it's necessary. Hoping for a cool down, but this is just the beginning of Summer.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

I don't know how any of you are coping. I keep my thermostat at 62 year 'round, because any warmer than that and I can't function.

Seasha, that's my biggest fear every time I go near the woods now. Fortunately, I just use my riding mower, so that should be enough noise to scare anything away.

Comment

It's going to be 100+ degrees this weekend here and we have no AC. Unseasonably hot! Dreading this.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          It's going to be 100+ degrees this weekend here and we have no AC. Unseasonably hot! Dreading this.
          Hope you have lots of fans. If it gets too hot mid-day, go for a nice ride in the car with A/C blasting.

We are lucking out and getting a few nice days in the 70s before next heat wave rolls in.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I hope you're all surviving this nationwide heatwave we're having. My poor AC unit won't cool the house below 70, but at least that's better than the 93 and high humidity that's outside. I let the dog out first thing this morning, and it took my breath away. I worry about those of you where it's hotter. We're getting horror stories on the news about Texas and Oregon. I'm thinking of joining the dog on the wooden floor under the loveseat tonight. If I thought I'd still be able to walk tomorrow, I'd actually consider sleeping on the concrete cellar floor. I think I've only ever dealt with one other heatwave like this, and I don't like it one bit!

Comment

Unbelievably hot nationwide!! We in the Pacific NW are not used to this over 100 degree temps and setting records all over! Most don't have AC. I've been sleeping lots with fan directly on me. Taking cold showers twice a day. Today will be in the upper 90's. Yipee

Hope you all find ways to keep cool!
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I feel for you all. 90s here with heat index over 100. Our puppy only wants to go out to do his business then right back in. When it was in the 70s, he hated to come in. Hope everyone gets relief soon! Stay hydrated.
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
                X