Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Venting To Those Who Will Understand....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your insight, Polopuppy. There is a lot of good information there!

To answer your questions:

Have you been able to see an ophthalmologist? Maybe the wait time is less than it is for the neurologist. Did you actually have symptoms of optic neuritis in October or they happened to see a lesion on the optic nerve? I am a little confused by that part of your history. If so, was any treatment given for optic neuritis? Was the MRI done with and without contrast? It would be important to know if the lesion was enhancing to indicate it was new or was it an old lesion. Was this your first and only MRI or have you had previous ones that they can use for comparison?
    I had optic neuritis in 2013. I did see a neuro-opthamologist at that time. They suggested a wait and see approach. It took five days from the time I lost half my vision to seeing the opthamologist. By that time my vision had returned to normal. I am seeing this same ohthamologist on April 26th. It is the only appointment I have managed to actually get at this point.

MRI was done in Oct 2020 without contrast. This is the one and only MRI.

Have you called the MS Society of Canada to see what help they can possibly provide?
    Yep! They gave the same answer to see my GP and get a consult.

Did the office that cancelled your appointment say when they anticipated you would be rescheduled? If it isn't too much longer, you may just want to wait it out. I would recommend that you call frequently to check for cancellations. If you can go on short notice, I would make them aware of that.
    Yes, I have made it very clear to all offices I would like to be on the cancellation list and can come at any time.

By way of history....I had the ON in 2013. I was also bit by a tick in 2015 and had the bulls-eye rash and lymph node swelling. I presented to my GP at this time and was told all was "fine". I was not treated, trusted his expertise and went on with life. As you can see the fact that I had ON first, in 2013, but then was bit by a tick in 2015 complicates things. It IS possible I have neuro-Lyme. I recently was tested by a lab in Germany and I AM Lyme positive and have been on treatment for that since December. I just retested a week ago and still showing a Lyme infection despite 3 months of antibiotic treatment.

I have never been in this situation before. I have always, luckily, been quite healthy. I rarely visited the doctor's office. So this is very new and frustrating territory for me.

"Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
    ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
    X