More good news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More good news

Using technology gained from the Covid vaccine, scientists have now reversed MS in the mouse model of MS.
    https://www.fiercebiotech.com/resear...iple-sclerosis
    "'Who are YOU?' said the Caterpillar. Alice replied, rather shyly, `I--I hardly know, sir, just at present--at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'" Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Thank you TXGRL!

More good news is always welcome.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Wow. That's hopeful news.

Here's a quote from your article:

"In several mouse models of MS, Sahin's team showed that an mRNA vaccine encoding a disease-related autoantigen successfully ameliorated MS symptoms in sick animals and prevented disease progression in rodents showing early signs of MS. The results were published in Science."
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
      X