Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Generic Dimethyl Fumarate - NO COPAY ASSISTANCE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic Dimethyl Fumarate - NO COPAY ASSISTANCE.

Hello there -

Does anyone know why "they" (Mylan, Teva, and Cipla) stopped the Copay Assistance for generic Dimethyl Fumarate?

They just came out late last year with generic Tecfidera and now NO COPAY ASSISTANCE!!??

Thanks 😺

I don't have specific knowledge to answer your question, but it appears that you are asking why the drug companies don't offer copay assistance for generic drugs?

I think that the drug companies (Teva, etc) make the name brand drugs. They might offer copay assistance for those. Possibly other companies make the generic versions of those drugs.

Maybe I don't understand the situation correctly though.

This post appears to be about a similar topic. Maybe you'll get the answer you are looking for here:
    https://www.msworld.org/forum/forum/...pay-assistance
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hello Mamabug

I had been getting copay assistance from Mylan for the generic Tecfidera - but they just up and stopped offering assistance as of January 1st. That also includes the other manufacturers of the generic Tec. They stopped abruptly offering copay assistance.
      My insurance only covers generic but I got my doctor to write a script for Biogen's Tec being that they still offer assistance otherwise I couldn't afford my meds.

That was the only way to get this whole thing resolved was to get the brand name. Luckily, my insurance didn't fight it.
      I know I'm not the only one who goes through this. I read a 49-page PowerPoint from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society on how people with MS have to fight to get their medication. It's a shame.

I hadn't had many problems with getting medication until this last round a couple of months ago. I had been off meds for a year and a half by choice, regretfully in hindsight after this last relapse.

Here is the PowerPoint from NMSS:

www.nationalmssociety.org/NationalMSSociety/media/MSNationalFiles/Advocacy/NMSS-Research-Report-Full-Access-to-MS-Medications.pdf

Comment

Try this link, if that one doesn't open for you:

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Na...edications.pdf
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          Try this link, if that one doesn't open for you:

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Na...edications.pdf
          Thanks for editing that for me KoKo...I didn't think I did it properly

Comment

Originally posted by VikingKitty View Post

Thanks for editing that for me KoKo...I didn't think I did it properly
            No problem, VikingKitty.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
            X