Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks I am gettin mine at end of feb 2021

Comment

I'm currently on Ocrevus, my last infusion was Nov 2020.

I asked my Neuro if any issues with getting the vaccine now and he said no issues and recommends getting it - either Pfizer or Moderna are ok.

I understand everyone's situation is different and just wanted to share my findings.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post

People with progressive MS, those who are older, those who have a higher level of physical disability, those with certain medical conditions (e.g., diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, heart and lung disease, pregnancy), and Black and Hispanic populations are among groups with the highest risk for hospitalization due to COVID-19. Individuals in these high risk groups are especially encouraged to get the vaccine as soon as it becomes available to you.

The COVID-19 vaccines are safe for people with MS
        The vaccines do not contain live virus and will not cause COVID-19 disease. The vaccines are not likely to trigger an MS relapse or to worsen your chronic MS symptoms. The risk of getting COVID-19 far outweighs any risk of having an MS relapse from the vaccine.
        I have the progressive form (SPMS), in the older age range (but no other medical conditions) and aren't on any DMT's.

I received the 1st dose of Moderna yesterday. I have only experienced a sore arm and so far, haven't noticed any worsening of MS symptoms. The 2nd shot may have more side effects from what I've heard but will cross that bridge when the time comes.

I highly recommend getting your vaccine when you can.

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X