Favorite Holiday Song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Holiday Song?

I was sitting here listening to Andrea Bocelli's rendition of Silent Night. It made me wonder if people have favorite songs and performances. Any favorites out there?

I am more a traditionalist and love the recording I was just listening to. Also love Bing Crosby/David Bowie - Do you hear What I Hear/Little Drummer Boy.

I have so many I love, really hard to narrow down. Would love to hear what others listen to. Hoping it helps motivate me for the holidays!
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Great idea! Hellelujah has always been a song that has a captivating essence. Pentatonix's version is a favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRP8d7hhpoQ
    MSWorld Administration

Comment

Originally posted by ForumAdmin View Post
      Great idea! Hellelujah has always been a song that has a captivating essence. Pentatonix's version is a favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRP8d7hhpoQ
      Love, love this one too! and I've loved Little Drummer Boy since I was a child.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Favorite is hard to choose. My childhood favorite Christmas carol was always O Holy Night and I still love it. But there are so many contemporary Christmas songs out there by now that I also love. Mary Did You Know is one of them, but there are more.

I found a Christmas Christmas YouTube playlist that I've been listening to a lot.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Amazing. I almost included Pentatonix's Hallelujah on my short list, Andy William's Little Drummer Boy (a favorite from my youth, shared with my Mom), and O Holy Night as a favorite Christmas Carol from church. A second cousin has a phenomenal voice and sings with a local orchestra, and that is always the highlight of their Holiday show for me - but we grew up watching her sing it solo from the time she was 9!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It is helping lift my spirits and brings back some wonderful memories!

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
            But there are so many contemporary Christmas songs out there by now that I also love. Mary Did You Know is one of them, but there are more.
            Also love this song. Have you heard Carrie Underwood's version? Very pretty.
            Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post

Also love this song. Have you heard Carrie Underwood's version? Very pretty.
              I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the suggestion 🙂!
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I love Silver Bells. It reminds me of that feeling of finishing up work on Christmas eve. There's a certain kind of energy, yet calmness, that can only be felt on Christmas eve.
                "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
                ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

I don't know whether this counts as "favorites", but I generally wind up crying the whole way through Alabama's Christmas album.

Comment

Originally posted by NoraS View Post
                    I don't know whether this counts as "favorites", but I generally wind up crying the whole way through Alabama's Christmas album.
                    I will have to check out their Christmas album. I had no idea they had one. Thanks for sharing.
                    Kathy

Comment

Pennstater, I have to add to make sure you get "Alabama Christmas" with the red cover. They have a "Classic Christmas Album" that is very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistachio View Post
                        I love Silver Bells.
                        Me too! I also love "I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause" for a lighthearted touch
                        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I also like a lot of Pentatonix Christmas stuff.
                          And old stuff from BoneyM.
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I have never really liked Christmas music. However, I really like listening to just about anything from The Trans Siberian Orchestra.
                            Diagnosed 1984
                            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I forgot to say that my all-time favourite Christmas album is the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. We saw them in concert a few times. What a show!
                              "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
                              ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X