Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first neuro appointment is in April 2021!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first neuro appointment is in April 2021!

I'm pretty angry right now. I just got the date for my first appointment since my MRI. I've seen my GP who confirmed the MRI report for MS. But I have to wait until April to see the neuro for the first time. I hate Canadian (Ontario) health care. I asked to be put on the cancellation list. We'll see.

This is unacceptable.
    "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
    ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Originally posted by Pistachio View Post
    I'm pretty angry right now. I just got the date for my first appointment since my MRI. I've seen my GP who confirmed the MRI report for MS. But I have to wait until April to see the neuro for the first time. I hate Canadian (Ontario) health care. I asked to be put on the cancellation list. We'll see.

This is unacceptable.
    Hi Pistachio ~ It sure does seem like that's a very long wait for your first neuro appointment since the MRI.

Hope you get in sooner from cancellation list.

Is a different neuro a possibility?
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I'm so sorry. I've heard similar stories before.

Someone my mom knows 18 year old son got injured at work a few years ago. There was a shelf that fell on top of him. Took months to finally get images. By the time they did his bones were healing. Had to have rebroken again to be set right. Never fully recovered from his injuries and ended up on disability.

I really hope you can get in sooner with the cancellation list!

Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this. Remember that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I had the same experience. March tentative diagnosis by a GP and a November Neuro appointment. But, after a few months, I was struggling with the anxiety of the wait time. I went back again to my doctor and asked if there was anything he could do to get me an earlier appointment. He must have called because I got a cancellation appointment and was in shortly after. In the meantime, I highly suggest meeting with a naturopath/functional medicine doctor. There's lots that you can do without medication, and it may help you feel less anxious about the wait time, as you will be "doing" something.

Comment

Working...
        X