My crazy wrist injury story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My crazy wrist injury story

It all began the 3rd week in August when I had a bad fall on my cement patio and injured my neck, hip and right wrist/thumb area. Eventually over time everything healed except my wrist/thumb. It has continued to be in pain to this day. But I had to overlook the pain as I was gardening (my passion), and I was overusing my wrist, but life went on.

Well, gardening season is over now and the pain is still there. I can't even brush my teeth without pain. (my left hand is weak due to MS)
    So, it was time to see the Dr which I did a few days ago. Had X-rays and finally heard back from the nurse.

Phone conversation went as follows:
    Nurse - The report reads "It is now a fracture" and you need a brace and OT/PT
    Me - wow!

Later I called back to verify and spoke with a nurse #2:
    Me: I want to know if the fracture is in my wrist or thumb.
    Nurse: The report reads "it is not a fracture"
    Me: What? I just called and was told it was now a fracture!
    Nurse: Hmmm - guess it was a typo and they read it wrong. The bottom line reads "NOT a fracture.

Geez- they really were messing with my brain yesterday! I have inflammation in the tendon called de Quervain's tenosynovitis and I still have to wear a brace and go to OT/PT.

So, I am calling my injury a NOT NOW fracture! Funny, but not funny.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

I much prefer the result of the second call. Odd, but I guess a relief that it isn't broken. Good luck with therapy.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I have inflammation in the tendon called de Quervain's tenosynovitis and I still have to wear a brace and go to OT/PT.

I hope your wrist feels better soon.

So, I am calling my injury a NOT NOW fracture! Funny, but not funny.

That's Cute!

God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
      X