Has anyone gotten COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone gotten COVID-19

There is a surge where I live. But since February I have been on a very strict quarantine. The only person that I come near is my caregiver. Last week she came down with symptoms consistent with the disease. A couple of days ago I started feeling sick. Headache, more achy than usual, low fever, Snuffy nose, I can taste sweet and salty but cannot distinguish flavors, hacking cough and trouble breathing at night. We have testing sites but it takes a week to get the results. I am in the target group that can get more serious symptoms but am hoping for the best.

anyone else gone through this?

Oh gosh Palmtree! I hope you don't have it! Both you and your caregiver. You should call your Dr and request a teleconference - ask questions and tell her your symptoms. What is your caregiver doing? Even if test results take a week, I'd advise you to get one!

In the meantime, lay low and keep to yourself. And take care!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hope you feel better and get a negative result. What makes you in a "target group" that can get more serious symptoms if you don't mind me asking.

Comment

Palm tree,

Has your caretaker been tested? I second calling your primary. Walk thru the timeline of symptoms. If you get tested, make sure your doctor discusses best timeframe to get tested. I think since to are symptomatic, you are in the window, but best to be sure.

Also make sure your doctor gives you advice while waiting for results - when should you call him/her again, when should you go to an ER, etc... I pray you don't need any of that advice and you are negative. Hope you feel better.

Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Palm Tree, I am so sorry you are feeling sick. I hope that you get better soon. My stepdaughter got Covid. She self isolated until her last test came back negative. She was achy, had a fever and chest congestion. She is fine now. Also my son's X and her family all got it and they too have since recovered. I hope you get well soon!

Comment

So sorry you aren't feeling well, Palmtree. I remember how concerned you were about catching Covid-19.

I have four health conditions that could put me at higher risk for complications of the virus, so can totally understand your concerns.

Agree with the others, call your doctor, and you should get tested. Your caregiver should as well, if he/ she hasn't already. Hope you don't have Covid-19, and feel better soon.

Originally posted by someone33

What makes you in a "target group" that can get more serious symptoms if you don't mind me asking.
            Here is the link to the CDC that lists what they are

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...onditions.html
            Last edited by ForumAdmin; 10-30-2020, 05:45 AM.
            Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I agree, you should get a teleconference with your Dr. and get tested.

Praying for you and your caregiver.

God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by Kimba22 View Post
                So sorry you aren't feeling well, Palmtree. I remember how concerned you were about catching Covid-19.

I have four health conditions that could put me at higher risk for complications of the virus, so can totally understand your concerns.

Agree with the others, call your doctor, and you should get tested. Your caregiver should as well, if he/ she hasn't already. Hope you don't have Covid-19, and feel better soon.

Here is the link to the CDC that lists what they are

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...onditions.html
                would ms be considered a neurological condition as far as this list is concerned? It said “like dementia” but that didn’t really tell me much.
                Last edited by ForumAdmin; 10-30-2020, 05:45 AM.

Comment

I was wondering if there have been many people with MS that have gotten Covid-19. I had just taken Mavenclad (an immune system depleter) and finished my 2nd dose in February when Covid was starting to hit hard. My kids and I were schooling/working from at home with only my husband coming in and out and, wouldn't you know it that he developed a constant dry cough that turned out to be Covid! We had been so careful!!

We quickly isolated him in the bedroom and my kids took over - disinfecting the house, moved me into a bedroom at the other end of the house and took over fixing food for him. I thought there was NO WAY I was going to be able to avoid getting this - since I was immunocompromised due to the Mavenclad. Turns out, he was the only one who got it.

I'm beginning to wonder if my immune system is just super strong? So strong that it attacks my myelin? I rarely, if ever, get sick even when my entire office is coughing and sneezing. (I knock on wood every time I say this)

Is there any info out there on how many people with MS have gotten Covid? I'd be really interested to know!!

Comment

Originally posted by someone33
                    would ms be considered a neurological condition as far as this list is concerned? It said “like dementia” but that didn’t really tell me much.
                    Hi someone,

No, MS itself doesn't put us at higher risk, but certain disease-modifying therapies (DMTs)
                    and how much it affects it your mobility could. In your case, it wouldn't put you at any higher risk.

Here's additional information:

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/co...nd-coronavirus

https://www.webmd.com/multiple-scler...e-sclerosis-ms
                    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Palmtree - how are you feeling? I truly hope a little better.
                      Kathy

Comment

I’m sorry I’ve left everyone hanging. I get distracted easily, Saturday night at midnight I got a text from my caregiver. she pasted the notification of the result, it said, “no Covid detected”. So I sent a string of texts to everyone who has been near me. I created a circle of worry, my weekend helper, who is African American, was particularly terrified because of the statistics in her community. She was texting me all evening on Saturday night,

it was like a giant party of relief. Hallelujah...

We realized it was a wake-up call to wear masks inside my hone. The fact that this little cold got transmitted so quickly shows how easily these things can circulate inside a small room.

Culrey, your story sounds really terrifying. I wouldn’t credit your immune system. You did everything right. You separated both of you and got the kids to start sterilizing the house. It was probably a good experience for the kids. They learned what it’s like to use teamwork for family survival.

I’m glad so far no one on this site has gotten it. So many of us are on immune suppressing treatments that we are vulnerable. What was scaring me was getting on a ventilator and not ever being able to walk again because of the time not using my legs,

Comment

Glad to hear everyone is negative! Definitely wear masks whenever you are not around full time members of your household, especially indoors.

Even sometimes, we may need to wear them at home. My brother's coworker tested positive, so now my brother is full time mask wearing in his own home. He had a 30 minute meeting indoor with the coworker with masks on three days before the coworker became symptomatic. But out of caution for his family, he is masking at home.

Remember, the masks protect others!
                          Kathy

Comment

Palmtree that is fantastic news.
                            God Bless Us All

Comment

I’m glad no one else has gotten it. Let’s keep it that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X