10/20/20 NYT article on insomnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10/20/20 NYT article on insomnia

This is for the respondent who ends her post with “the only cure for insomnia is sleep”.

This is a recap of the article.

weighted blankets which have been popular aids to induce calm could help reduce insomnia a new study suggest.. the weighted blankets did not have significant effect on total sleep time but the users had significant decrease in weakening after sleep onset, less sleepiness and fewer symptoms of depression and anxiety. The senior author stated “I have colleagues using it and they love it he said but that’s not proof, this study is an indication that they may work but more studies should be done”.

I guess it’s worth a try. I really feel for those of you having sleep problems. It must make the night so long.

Thanks for this, Robert I believe that Marti (who you are referring to) and others could benefit from weighted blankets. Here's the entire article from the NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/13/w...der-sleep.html
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by robert152 View Post
      This is for the respondent who ends her post with “the only cure for insomnia is sleep”.

This is a recap of the article.

weighted blankets which have been popular aids to induce calm could help reduce insomnia a new study suggest.. the weighted blankets did not have significant effect on total sleep time but the users had significant decrease in weakening after sleep onset, less sleepiness and fewer symptoms of depression and anxiety. The senior author stated “I have colleagues using it and they love it he said but that’s not proof, this study is an indication that they may work but more studies should be done”.

I guess it’s worth a try. I really feel for those of you having sleep problems. It must make the night so long.
      Thanks so much. I do have a weighted blanket but I forget to use it sometimes. It's a lightweight blanket, but is still heavy for me to haul around.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        Thanks for this, Robert I believe that Marti (who you are referring to) and others could benefit from weighted blankets. Here's the entire article from the NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/13/w...der-sleep.html
        Thank you Seasha. It looks like we can "LIKE" a posting, but I can't figure out how to do it.
        Marti

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post

Thank you Seasha. It looks like we can "LIKE" a posting, but I can't figure out how to do it.
          On the bottom right hand corner of the text box (where you write) there is the word Like (along with a thumbs up icon). Click on the word Like. That's all you have to do! Once you do this, there will be a number in the write box. I just Liked your reply. did you see it?

Comment

On the bottom right hand corner of the text box (where you write) there is the word Like (along with a thumbs up icon). Click on the word Like. That's all you have to do! Once you do this, there will be a number in the write box. I just Liked your reply. did you see it?

Thank you again. But example.. I don't see the thumbs up on this page for your post.
            Marti

Comment

Thanks, Seasha.

Looks as though this feature isn't compatible with my android phone or iPad mini. I don't use a laptop anymore, haven't been able to for years now. Because my MS affects my hand dexterity (and upper body strength), using a touch screen and lightweight phone or tablet is what works for me for me now.

I wonder if this is something that can be looked into?
              Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Originally posted by Kimba22 View Post

Thanks, Seasha.

Looks as though this feature isn't compatible with my android phone or iPad mini. I don't use a laptop anymore, haven't been able to for years now. Because my MS affects my hand dexterity (and upper body strength), using a touch screen and lightweight phone or tablet is what works for me for me now.

I wonder if this is something that can be looked into?
                I'll certainly look into this and thanks for alerting us!

Comment

I have emailed tech support about both of your problem, Kimba and Marti! Stay tuned...

Comment

Hi Kimba22 & Marti,

On mobile devices the look is a little different. At the end of each post you should see a box with LIKE in it. It is fairly big and hard to miss. If you aren't seeing, please check your screen size and make sure it's not being zoomed out of view.

If you are still having issues, please let us know and we will look into further.

Thank you!

MSWorld Administration

Comment

Working...
                    X