Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you and what are you doing with this pandemic stay at home time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REG53
    replied
    Hello DPL2014, I'm sorry you are feeling sad. It's understandable, especially having MS and helping people with Covid-19.

I thank God for healthcare workers like your self and I highly appreciate all of you.

I pray this is over soon and I will be praying for you.

Leave a comment:

• Seasha
    replied
    Dear DPL2014,

First, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for facing the frontlines and the daunting responsibilities you have faced during this time. I don't know where you are working, but I'm not sure what I would do in your shoes.

I only hope and pray that you keep yourself safe and so glad you are given a little extra time off to rest and recuperate.
    Be well and safe

Leave a comment:

• DPL2014
    replied
    Originally posted by Seasha View Post
    Haven't heard much from you all lately and wondering how you are all doing? Well enough, I hope, considering!

I'm wondering what you are doing to pass the time? Maybe your suggestions may help inspire someone else to break away from your TV or phone while you wait out this pandemic. Maybe someone else might want to try something new from your ideas?

Are some of you still going to work or working from home?
    If you are out and about, is physical distancing working?
    Are you used to staying at home anyway?
    Are you stressed out or depressed?

Still, all in all, it's sometimes hard to maintain at times. It's getting old - this waiting.
    Please let me know how you are doing.
    Be strong and take care!
    hey guys! I’m not doing well. Sad all the time and finding it hard to even get out of bed. I still love my job but so much is asked of us...and then we have to watch people PROTEST to open the country and increase their chance of getting sick and sickening others. These people end up in the hospital and we risk our lives to save them when they wouldn’t stay home for us.

Good, otherwise healthy patients are really going through it with Covid. One of my jobs as an ultrasound technologist is to go up to the Covid floors and check patients’ legs for blood clots. Covid can cause clotting disorders so people who’ve never had blood clots (dvt) in their lives have them now. One more thing for them to have to fight, and they fight alone. No visitors. No family.

I ended up coming out to my boss about having MS and being on Tysabri after one of my coworkers tested positive. I’ve been allowed to cut my hours back a bit but I’m having a hard time balancing my desire to equally share in this responsibility with my desire to not get Covid. I just know the relapse after fighting off something like that would be MAGNIFICENT. As a result I find myself at home on my off days hoping I can sleep “the time of Covid” away and wake up in the future afterwards. Please let there be an afterwards soon.

All that said, a big thank you to those of you who can sew (I can’t) and are making cloth masks. They’re a godsend! They allow us to show some personality to patients when they can’t see our faces (I have one with fish and polka dots) and it cheers them up just a bit since they can’t see my smile. ❤️ Stay safe everyone!

Leave a comment:

• oceanpride
    replied
    I also swore that last year was to be my last for the garden and live stock. I was all done being a slave to them. Now I’m seeing that it’s more important now to continue than ever

Leave a comment:

• oceanpride
    replied
    We are considered essential also, construction and the commercial fisheries. However things are so slow. I have been using the spare time to do some projects on the property... that all my life I dreamed of doing if I only had the time. All of your stories are so interesting.
    My wife has been working from home and has been enjoying the being home part. We are enjoying the quiet part of all this with no expected or unexpected visitors. Selfish I know. We have five children and eight grandchildren. We see some in the yard at distance and others on face time. Every body is doing well. I know some aren’t and that is disturbing. Good luck everyone and we need to help the ones less fortunate somehow.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    Originally posted by Jennaly16 View Post
    ... I know others have it much worse and sounds like such a first world problem however ...
    A first world problem is still a problem. You've put effort into planning, and your heart into anticipation.

It's sad that the venue chooses not to be flexible on rescheduling. We're all in this together. I wish they had your back.

Leave a comment:

• Cat Mom
    replied
    COVID-19

Glad to see that lots of you aren't struggling too much during this unprecedented time. I'm doing well, bored, but well. My heart is broken for all of you who have plans later in the year. My son was supposed to get married on March 21. One week before the wedding the venue offered a bigger ballroom so people won't be too close together plus a "bridal suite" where his bride and her wedding party could get ready there. 2 days later the City of Toronto banned anything for over 50 people, 2 days after that it went down to 20 people and a couple of days later anything that was not deemed an essential service had to close. Funny side story... the Marijuana shops are deemed and essential service and the government pot website tripled their orders lol.

The bride's Mom works for WestJet and got COVID-19 so everyone in that house were isolated. It went from bad to worse.

They just wanted to get married so the bride, my son, and their witnesses, their photographer, my youngest daughter, my husband and I went to a beautiful park and they got married there. Thank God their officiator was willing to still do their wedding. My oldest daughter and her husband couldn't go because she was 9 weeks pregnant and didn't want to take a chance. 2 days after that our cities started to close parks and give fines to anyone who wasn't observing "social distancing" so they literally got it in on the last day possible.

The venue offered to give them their money back or re-book so they re-booked for March 20 next year and they will have their 115 guests be there to see them, they will be saying their vows again and a true celebration will be had.

So my husband, my youngest daughter and I will be quarantining with our 3 cats and dog. Playing tons of Yahtzee, poker and crib and binge watching some Netflix stuff. Eating our faces off too. I'm really relieved to hear how most of you are getting through it. Please stay well, as the saying goes, "this too shall pass".

Jen

Leave a comment:

• pennstater
    replied
    Hi Jennaly16,

You definitely have your share of stress.

A friend's son is getting married in September, and they are struggling with the same decision. They are worried that even if things open up, it will come back around by then with schools opening and cooler whether coming in. They also worry about out of town guests being able to and/or willingness to travel. Not sure if you have out of towners to worry about.

The couple is leaning towards cancelling, but getting married anyway, then at a later date, renewing their vows in front of family and friends and have the big party then. His Mom said they would still do a bridal shower and all the other wedding rituals. She said their church will allow the wedding, with immediate family and appropriate social distancing.

They also figured if they didn't cancel, they would be stressed round the clock til the day if the wedding, wondering will it or won't it happen.

As essential employees, I hope you, your fiancee, and son remain healthy and well. Lots of luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• Seasha
    replied
    Ah Jennaly - I really feel for you. I can't even imagine that one of the most important events in your life has run into road blocks. And only a week to decide!

Did you sign a contract with the venue? Will they be willing to reschedule your wedding rather than cancel it?

I can't imagine what June will look like in June there in NY, from all that I've heard. But, if the venue is open by then and they are not willing to renegotiate, maybe you can get creative with physical distancing at the venue and have someone there tape it for you to stream or Zoom or whatever (I;m not really knowledgeable with all the latest technology)

You might want to add a note to your mail out invitations that the date may change. Even a hand written note would do. If you have a wedding website, you can add changes there too.

Who knows? Maybe it will be a unique lasting memory for many happy years to come. Imagine telling your grandchildren how it unfolded!

I know your stressed - many folks are when approaching their wedding, but with orchestrating a Plan B, you will take some stress away - I hope!

Leave a comment:

• Jennaly16
    replied
    I have been so stressed and depressed with all of this. I am an essential worker so i continue to go into the office. I have my own so we are able to social distance. It's nice to have some "normalcy" during all this.

My stress is from wedding planning. I'm supposed to get married June 20th and i need to mail out invites next week. The venue will not let us reschedule as they said if they are open and able to have a wedding on June 20th, we lose our deposit since we could have had it. Our Governor just extended staying home until May 15th (live in NY). I don't know what to do and go between risking having the wedding or saying forget it and eat the deposit. My dress is locked up in a bridal shop and guys can't get measured for suits. I've waited 6 years to walk down the aisle and feel like it's slipping away. My bridal shower and bachloerette have already been rescheduled until later this year but really wanted to get married. I know others have it much worse and sounds like such a first world problem however stress is causing my fatigue and i have no energy to do anything. I get home from work and want to just sit on the couch. Even getting dressed has gone from doing my hair, looking professional to jeans, sweatshirt and hair in messy bun.

Outside of stressing, my fiance does all the public errands (store, etc). He is also essential employee. My three year old goes to sitter's house (alone with no other kids) and then comes home. She doesn't understand why she isn't seeing any of our family. She is used to seeing both her grandma's on the weekend and she hasn't seen them in over a month.

The positive part has been using zoom and houseparty to connect with family. At least we can see each other's faces!

Leave a comment:

• marti
    replied
    I have to say that I am doing fine. I've had nearly 2 years to settle into living alone and it's really ok. I actually needed time alone.

The weird thing is that my MS is quiet for the first time since 2001! I think I have finally achieved a real remission!

Still have the usual year long sinus and allergy stuff and my Gastritis is kicking up a little more (on and off). But, I've avoided doctors!

Spending more time cooking and eating. What's up with that? I'm only one mouth here! Of course, I give my son lots of extras. But he's only one mouth too. I had pretty much stopped cooking while Sam was so sick... neither of us could eat. So I'm enjoying mixing stuff up. But I've noticed that my cooking skills have suffered.

Still binge watching my old sitcom DVD's... I can just about recite them by heart. But, if something makes me laugh, I'm all in!

Best to each of you. Keep connected during this strange time in history! Has anyone noticed that the weather seems to be more active right now?

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    It's really been good to catch up with everyone. Thanks for sharing what's going on in your lives.

Keep 'em coming!

Leave a comment:

• kittysmith
    replied
    I'm considered essential.

My husband and I are both considered "essential workers". I work for a hospital and he is a hospice chaplain and bereavement coordinator. He's been able to work from home. I work from home 2 days a week and am in the office one day a week. I work 3 12 hr shifts per week. It's good to get in the office one day. Breaks up my time.

We have a 13 year old son on the spectrum. He has lots of unanswerable questions. He sees things as black and white. Why can't we tell him the date it will end (wouldn't we all like to know)? He is doing school on line. We take the dog for a walk around the block every afternoon. My husband and I share responsibilites.

I'll admit I'm resting a lot on my days off. Hubby is always super understanding. I'm thankful I can work from home. Thankful I can get some rest when I'm not working. Thankful for being able to spend more time with my son (when he's not acting teenagery).

Stay well, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Seasha
    replied
    It's good to hear from you all and knowing that you are well!

I'm wondering if any of you, like me, are using this time to do spring cleaning of closets, etc to get rid of unnecessary things. A few weeks ago we cleaned out our storage closet and clothes closet - One huge black plastic bag and 3 boxes of stuff and clothes. But Goodwill and Salvation Army are closed.

One of our rural local businesses closed for the duration and needed funds so they are hosting a huge garage sale for the community, so we donated everything to them. I love hearing how grassroots efforts are helping those in need nationwide.

Husband and I are ordering take out dinner (curbside pickup) from the nearest town this weekend This is a first for us. I can't remember the last time we went out for dinner! I consider this a date night

We are also doing lots of video chats with our grandchildren and this lights up our souls. Even managed a whole family Zoom session which was quite comical with everyone all talking at the same time! lol

Keep the stories coming!

Leave a comment:

• Boudreaux
    replied
    We are doing fine Seasha. Glad to see you are enjoying the good weather.
    I'm still punching the clock at the shop and my wife is still nursing at the hospital. The kiddos are at home so we have been coming up with ways to keep them engaged with school work and having them do household chores throughout the day. Without extra curricular activities we are spending more time together which is a great thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X