Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you and what are you doing with this pandemic stay at home time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italy is in bad shape again. Sections of the country have been designated "red" with heavy restrictions in place. Other places are designated "orange" with restrictions but less than red. Here in Rome we are still "yellow" with the minimum restrictions but we expect that to change anytime. Masks are required outside and everyone here seems to be complying. Restaurants must close for seating after 6PM but can deliver or allow take out service till 10:00.

I have been able to take care of some important things before more strict security measure are put in place. I got my MRI (good new on that!) and I just went to the US Embassy to renew my passport. Unfortunately, I have turned into the top procrastinator since the first lockdown. I just can't manage to do the things around the house I need to do. I have been taking walks with my son while I still can since he lives an hour away by train. We meet twice a week but that will not be possible once we go into the next phase.

Hang in there everyone. The news of the two vaccines is hopeful! I wish everyone good holidays!!!

Comment

Like elsewhere, big uptick in cases. The PA governor added a few new restrictions, mostly on traveling into the state from other states. Masks are also supposed to be worn indoors when someone not in your household is around, irregardless of ability to social distance. They are also required outdoors if you can't socially distance.

Aside from that, they seem to be leaving things in the hand of local officials. The state is diverse, so mandates you need in more populated areas make no sense in the many rural counties.

That being said, Philly imposed tight restrictions again. I believe take-out only, closed gyms, 10 person limit on Thanksgiving. I live in a County outside of Philly, and other than returning schools to all virtual, nothing new yet. I am guessing only a matter of time. I am in PT, plan on going. Still volunteering at a food pantry. Church is open with restrictions (no singing, pews marked off) - I would guess limit is 20% occupancy. Most of the participation is virtual anyway.

Hoping everyone stays well.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Not sure if it was from the county, or the state, but I even got a phone message from the emergency alert system (?) advising to wear mask, social distance, stay home unless necessary, etc.

Take care everyone

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

In mid-August we got away for the week, in our RV. Our Son asked us if we would be willing to go. It was cheaper for him and us as well as more safe than staying in a Hotel/Motel. He went his way (hiking) and we did our own thing. It was such a nice time getting away and spending time with our son in the evening. I have an addiction for Crystals and we found an awesome store.

Other than that that we are home.

I am coming up on a year since my Total Knee Replacement and doing well. In October my Husband had a total right hip replacement and doing really well.

Like everyone else ---- I am ready for this Pandemic to end. Everyone, please take care.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
            In mid-August we got away for the week, in our RV. Our Son asked us if we would be willing to go. It was cheaper for him and us as well as more safe than staying in a Hotel/Motel. He went his way (hiking) and we did our own thing. It was such a nice time getting away and spending time with our son in the evening. I have an addiction for Crystals and we found an awesome store.
            What a great idea, SNOOPY! Glad you and family had a nice time.

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
            I am coming up on a year since my Total Knee Replacement and doing well. In October my Husband had a total right hip replacement and doing really well.
            That's terrific! Happy to hear that you and your husband are both doing well. :-)

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I am 48 years old so, still working. My husband is a chiropractor and I am his reception/office manager. Basically, it's just the two of us in the office and, well, the patients of course! So, to answer your question....I'm working as usual. We have a pretty good life though and only work 30 hours a week. I also teach English, online, to kids in China. I love it! It's pretty much business as usual for our family.
              "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
              ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi, and I want to wish the American members a happy thanksgiving from Calgary Alberta Canada.

Since I got laid off in March ive had a excellent opportunity to catch up on my fitness and training goals and fixed my diet nicely. I’m just so grateful I can run, miles and miles,still weightlift and push my discipline and physical potential, I’m thankful I’m very stable and in remission for 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                X