Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you and what are you doing with this pandemic stay at home time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KoKo
    replied
    Hi everyone

I keep busy with ADL's (activities of daily living), exercises, music meditation/prayer, connecting with family and friends, online French language lessons, watching old classic movies, and MS World!

I am never bored, as there is always something to do, someone to connect with, or something to learn. It takes me longer to do things, and so my day often goes by too fast!

My sister (care helper) brings groceries and comes over to help me - wearing a mask, washing hands, and keeping distanced as best as she can.

I feel very fortunate and very grateful.

Take Care

Leave a comment:

• loopey
    replied
    My husband and I get out for a short walk each morning with masks and distancing. Some days we can go to the stores which are still stocked very well. Our neighborhood is in the ancient section of Rome and everything is walking distance. Pharmacies, groceries and now some fruit and veggie stands have opened up in the piazza. Everyone is distancing very well.

After we get home we watch old movies and I practice two word games on my computer. I am also studying to improve my Italian. We also have a Sunday night prosecco with our upstairs neighbor on Skype. I miss seeing my son but we speak on the phone for an hour or so every day. He lives about an hour from me in a small town and he sends me videos sometimes of his morning walk in the country feeding the horses carrots!

I am grateful that we are doing so well under the circumstances. I hope everyone can stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    I'm just following the stay at home order.

Hubby and I got out a few times and stayed in the vehicle:
    -. Went on a "bear hunt" 🐻, looking for stuffed bears in windows.
    - looked at the beautiful blossoms in the Bradford pear and chanticleer trees. 🌲
    - our community has had a "dragging Main" night for four Saturdays in a row. Twice, we went and parked at one end and watched all the vehicles.

I've had some opportunities to Zoom:.
    - Sunday school
    - my circle of Hope group
    - my In.Form health maintenance group

I watch our church worship service on YouTube.

We order takeout food once or twice a week to support local restaurants.

I'm doing more video chats with my daughter, making more phone calls with my Dad and having more email contact with my siblings.

Hubby buys groceries or picks up at Walmart. He is now working from home. Gas new assigned responsibilities -- phone help desk (mostly software) instead if field technician (hardware). Lots of new things for him to learn and lots of stress.

I'm bored. I miss getting out of the house. I'm not motivated to exercise, etc. But things could B worse.

Leave a comment:

• pennstater
    replied
    Doing well Seasha.

My husband wound up retiring a little early due to the virus. So part of it is getting a handle on retirement benefits.

Our church's Outreach House has been inundated with donations as people housebound have been cleaning out clothes and housewears. So my normal 2 hours a week volunteering is closer to 8 to sort thru. We also received a pallet of food for the food pantry. Clients are referred by churches in the area. We are up to 200 families, 120 was the count in February, so the need is rising.

I have helped some with the garden but can't keep up with Paul. I also started back on family genealogy on ancestry. Really far on my Dad's side, Mom's side is harder - very common Irish last names. Paul and I have started playing cards and old board games. I also have a puzzle going, along with coloring. Revisiting my childhood I guess😀

I have enjoyed the outside when I can. Try to get a daily walk in. Actually read on the porch for an hour today.

I have also decided to do old school letter writing. I figure if I get one or two out a week, it will be a nice surprise for friends and family.

On a side note, my husband went to order the 4 tomato plant variations we like, but 3 of the big seed companies are sold out of all varieties!!!! I guess everyone is gardening this year.

Leave a comment:

• NoraS
    replied
    I'm okay, but increasingly stressed and frustrated. I want to work outside, but we've gotten a dusting of snow every night for the last week, and I'm going through a spell of being cold constantly. I had to dig out my warmest winter pajamas and spend my days wrapped in several comforters and hugging the hot water bottle.

I also can't use the grocery pickup that I've successfully used for months, because the site's down every time I want groceries, and I can't send someone else because they're no longer updating what they have in stock. I only get groceries once a month, and the 1- and 2-item limits on literally everything make things difficult.

Our grocery stores were sold out even before the quarantine orders came through, so the pickings have been very slim. I wasn't able to get eggs, milk, butter, bread, or meat for nearly 2 months, and they still don't have the easy-to-fix meals I was dependent on for so long. I was wearing myself out having to actually cook, and I had to resort to some very bland meals. Fortunately, the store actually had food the other day, so I should be okay for a while.

On a good note, my new riding mower is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. It's an automatic(!!!!), which I didn't even know was a thing. I've always found mowing to be very relaxing, and I'm hoping that this new mower will allow me to get outside more without leaving me crippled for days.

Also, our state Extension Office and an herb blog I follow have offered free online courses for this month, so I signed up for several of them. I finished the first one yesterday, and it was a lot of fun!

I think I'll be fine once the weather warms up and I can at least sit outside in the sunshine. Right now, the dog and I are getting on each other's nerves.

Leave a comment:

• REG53
    replied
    Hi seasha, DH and I are doing very well. Staying home ordering groceries and having them delivered
    or DH will pick up in the drive thru line.

For the last few days I have been making face mask for family and to donate. They are the cloth mask that has been reported people should start wearing. JOANN Fabrics is taking mask donations that are distributed around the nation where there is a need. Not a 100% just a little extra protection.

JOANNS has a 100 Million mask challenge as of yesterday they are half way there. I found a website where a nurse is showing how to make them for healthcare workers so I started making those today.
    I have made three different kinds.

It has made the days fly by and you feel you are doing something to help.

I said all of this in case others wanted to sew masks.

Thank you seasha for asking and I am glad you are doing well.

Leave a comment:

• How are you and what are you doing with this pandemic stay at home time?

Haven't heard much from you all lately and wondering how you are all doing? Well enough, I hope, considering!

I'm wondering what you are doing to pass the time? Maybe your suggestions may help inspire someone else to break away from your TV or phone while you wait out this pandemic. Maybe someone else might want to try something new from your ideas?

Are some of you still going to work or working from home?
    If you are out and about, is physical distancing working?
    Are you used to staying at home anyway?
    Are you stressed out or depressed?

I'm outside a lot with wonderful weather so I feel blessed in that way. Listening to birds with their mating calls. Working in the garden and reading lots more. Trying new recipes with what I have available and glad my husband will try anything

Still, all in all, it's sometimes hard to maintain at times. It's getting old - this waiting.
    Please let me know how you are doing.
    Be strong and take care!
Working...
X