X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mamabug
    replied
    Kim's Convenience has an MS story line.

Available on Netflix. It's a Canadian television sitcom on CBC Television. It depicts the Korean Canadian Kim family that runs a convenience store in Toronto: parents "Appa" and "Umma", along with their daughter Janet and son Jung.

Season 5 is airing now. I've only watched a few episodes of this season, but Umma has recently been diagnosed with MS. She appears reluctant to let others know about her dx. I'm interested to see how she manages her dx and how others will respond.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
    Not a series but on Netflix recently: Angel Eyes. Slightly edgy early on, a romance at end.

Real but not over acted. Nice to see Jennifer Lopez develop as an actor. James Caviezel in the slightly off-beat male lead. Holds together nicely.
    Oh, I'd probably enjoy that. I've enjoyed Jennifer Lopez as an actor. Thanks for the idea.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    Originally posted by marti View Post
    The Waltons is first on the list. The sitcoms are favorites... anything that makes me laugh. Everybody Loves Raymond, Laverne & Shirley, Happy Days, The Andy Griffith Show, Mom, Bob's Burgers, Two and a half Men, Grounded for Life, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Still Standing. Just to name a few.
    Thanks for the suggestions, Marti! I've.streamed some of them but there are many others from your list that I'd enjoy too 😉.

Leave a comment:

• 502E79
    replied
    FWIW; Angel Eyes / movie

Not a series but on Netflix recently: Angel Eyes. Slightly edgy early on, a romance at end.

Real but not over acted. Nice to see Jennifer Lopez develop as an actor. James Caviezel in the slightly off-beat male lead. Holds together nicely.

Leave a comment:

• marti
    replied
    Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    Watching on DVD is a good alternative. Do you have favorites you recommend?

The Waltons is first on the list. The sitcoms are favorites... anything that makes me laugh. Everybody Loves Raymond, Laverne & Shirley, Happy Days, The Andy Griffith Show, Mom, Bob's Burgers, Two and a half Men, Grounded for Life, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Still Standing. Just to name a few.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    Originally posted by marti View Post
    I'm the dinosaur in the group. I've never streamed anything in my life. Don't own a cell phone either. But glad you all are having a good time. I do watch a lot of sitcoms on DVD.
    Watching on DVD is a good alternative. Do you have favorites you recommend?

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied

Somehow I started watching "Highway to Heaven" (Netflix).
    I started streaming that in the past and didn't ever finish the series. Thanks for the reminder. I might need to pick that up again.

Leave a comment:

• marti
    replied
    I'm the dinosaur in the group. I've never streamed anything in my life. Don't own a cell phone either. But glad you all are having a good time. I do watch a lot of sitcoms on DVD.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    What have you been streaming during COVID?

1. This just came out recently -- not during the earlier lock down time.

Modern Love on Amazon.

It's an anthology series.

It "explores love in all of its complicated and beautiful forms, as well as its effects on the human connection. Each episode brings to life a different story that has been inspired by the newspaper's popular Modern Love column."

The cast includes Tina Fey, Anne Hathaway and others.

Be sure to watch to the end. Episode 8 ties it all together.

2. We're watching Monk reruns. Just seems appropriate since he was taking COVID precautions back then. 😃
    Last edited by Mamabug; 09-17-2020, 08:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pb909
    replied
    Just watched Tiger King too - Reminded me of "Making a Murderer" series awhile back.

Do those types really live among us? LOL

Leave a comment:

• Brad1138
    replied
    My wife and I have been watching:

Amazon:

Jack Ryan: A really good traditional action series
    Bosch: Great "Noir" crime crama with an excellen cast

Netflix:

Lost In Space: better than I thought it would be, good characters, totally different spin on Dr. Smith
    Tiger king: you've got to see it to believe it!

Can't got wrong with the "classics": Dick van Dyke, I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith, The Office, Parks and Rec.

We've got through April, maybe May now.

Leave a comment:

• Boudreaux
    replied
    Originally posted by pb909 View Post
    Ozark series season 3 on NETFLIX just released today - March 27, 2020.

Starring:
    Jason Bateman
    Laura Linney
    My wife and I have been waiting for season 3 to come out.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    This isn't really what I was looking for, but ... my daughter said she watched laughing baby videos on YouTube with her kids.

That might be fun!

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    Originally posted by pb909 View Post
    Ozark series season 3 on NETFLIX just released today - March 27, 2020.

Starring:
    Jason Bateman
    Laura Linney
    I haven't watched any of that. I
    like Jason Bateman.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied

Somehow I started watching "Highway to Heaven" (Netflix). A series from the 80s, guessing from the vehicles and other clues. I never saw it before. Pedestrian scripts, too simple plots, dialogue shows how dated the thing is but most episodes have a dramatic scene or two where the acting stands out. Also some scripts feature actors with various disabilities. They do a pretty good job.
    I've streamed some of that, too. I remember it from the 80's. Yeah; it's more if a family friendly show than many today. Sometimes the old ones are worth re-watching.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X