I think we got it !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oceanpride View Post
    Yes KoKo. The anti body thing make sense. This virus could theoretically just keep going around and around. The whole world is in a state like we’ve never seen. We can’t hold on for too much longer. I’m not afraid that I can’t look after my family but am afraid that too many are and will do without life’s necessities. With all the help I have got from everybody here at MS world, I will remain hopeful and positive...as best I can.
    I know; it really is scary. I am hopeful that I can contribute to flattening the curve and maybe even avoid getting it. It really does sound possible that a majority of the population could get it.

Then, maybe, when a vaccination comes out in 12-18 months, perhaps COVID 19 will be, at least, partially, stopped.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

So I just thought I should send this update. This dose seems to be hanging on in my chest so I called my primary Dr and asked if he would send in a prescription I could take to help it go away. He ordered me to get the virus test. The results came back this afternoon that it was negative. So I guess we just caught a really bad flu at the wrong time. Thanks to everyone for your concerns. Regardless I hope it boosted our immune systems so we won’t catch anything else.
      It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

So I just thought I should send this update. This dose seems to be hanging on in my chest so I called my primary Dr and asked if he would send in a prescription I could take to help it go away. He ordered me to get the virus test. The results came back this afternoon that it was negative. So I guess we just caught a really bad flu at the wrong time. Thanks to everyone for your concerns. Regardless I hope it boosted our immune systems so we won’t catch anything else.
        Sorry you caught a bad bug, but really glad you were negative. Did your doctor prescribe something then to help alleviate your symptoms? I truly hope you are feeling better.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

He ordered me to get the virus test. The results came back this afternoon that it was negative.
          So very glad is isn't Covid-19.

So I guess we just caught a really bad flu at the wrong time
          Do you and your wife get the flu vaccine? If not please consider a flu vaccine in the future, after discussing it with your Neurologist. The other consideration would also be the Pneumonia vaccine.

I had the flu vaccine in Sept. and the Pneumonia vaccine in October. This was on the recommendation of my PCP. I was never so happy I followed her recommendation, this cuts down on the possibilities if I get sick. Although you can still get the flu even with the flu vaccine it is not as bad and does not last as long.

Take care and hope you and your wife feel better soon.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thanks Pennstater. From reading some of your posts I know only too well that your like me in that when it settles in our chests it just drags on and on. Hopefully it will gradually clear up on its own or maybe after Easter I’ll get something to help it.
            Thank you too Snoopy for the good advice. I worked with a lady who got the flu shot every year and she never missed a days work. I’ve just been afraid of it because of my MS and now on Ocrevus. I’ll definitely talk with my Dr about it when I get a chance. My wife says she is going to look into it too. We never want to go through that again.

Comment

Hi oceanpride ~

Thank you for sharing your update with us.

Sorry to learn that your chest congestion is still hanging on.

When I get a virus that settles in my chest, trying to cough and clear it really wipes me out after awhile, due to weakness with my diaphragm muscle. It can be so exhausting.

Hoping that your chest clears up and you're better each day, oceanpride.

Take Care
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

oceanpride,

The flu vaccine is not a live virus vaccine. I am on Tysabri and get the vaccine each year. I have also had pneumonia shot.

My neuros have said to avoid any live virus shots. So praying whatever vaccine is developed for covid-19, it is not live.

Definitely discuss with your neuro.
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Yes KoKo it has been 27 or so days and nights of coughing. It is exhausting.
                  Other than that I’m ok. I definitely can’t cough like I use too also.
                  Pennstater I got a vaccine one time for travel and felt terrible for a long time after.
                  But we will be looking in to it
                  Thanks for your information. Every thing from everybody is so helpful.

Comment

Working...
                  X