Glitter, Glitter Everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glitter, Glitter Everywhere

So I let my husband pick out our Christmas cards this year. We usually go together to get them, but I opted out. Of course, they are outlined in gold glitter. I tried my best to protect the table, chair, and floor from it. But to know avail.

Glitter all over, including my hair. I must have pushed my hair back with my hand.

So gold glitter it is - here, there, and everywhere. Next year, I am picking the cards out!
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

They really should outlaw the stuff. Good luck... he meant well...

Comment

Don’t be too hard on him now.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

That's funny from my perspective.

Maybe not yours, but I can relate as I do art projects with my 3 1/2 yr old granddaughter and glitter is her favorite thing right now.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Not being too hard on him. He just may have to help me clean up. And if we miss some, tis the season for sparkles!

Seasha - I can imagine. Nothing like toddlers with glitter. But the time and memories with your granddaughter can't be beat. I am sure your glitter far surpasses mine!
          Kathy

Comment

Glitter is a cheap thrill as long as it doesn´t get in your eye. Just think, folks will think you´ve started using glitter based makeup Always reminds me of elementary school art class- Elmer´s glue and glitter on construction paper. Can´t ya just recall the smell of the glue?

Comment

So my husband comes home and tells me I have gold flecks on my face. Of course, I had already washed it and moisturized it. Probably fell out of my hair🙄 Gotta love it's staying power.

Thankfully temagami, no glue smell for me. On the other hand, Seasha may with her granddaughter's crafts!
              Kathy

Comment

I think the glue smells better today than yesteryear. Growing up in the 50's, I was told that the collagen taken from animal parts, mostly horse hooves and bones, was used to make glue. yuck.

Not so today.

BTW, now they have glitter glue (glitter already mixed with clear glue) which is going in my granddaughter's Christmas stocking

Have to laugh about this thread - so not MS related, but fun!
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  Have to laugh about this thread - so not MS related, but fun!
                  Sometimes we all need that break! On the MS front, I didn't help myself out either. Since my right hand gives me problems, I sent a few cards flying - across the table in every direction. All you can do is laugh.
                  Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by Temagami View Post
                    Glitter is a cheap thrill as long as it doesn´t get in your eye. Just think, folks will think you´ve started using glitter based makeup Always reminds me of elementary school art class- Elmer´s glue and glitter on construction paper. Can´t ya just recall the smell of the glue?
                    YES! and the rounded scissors that barely cut the construction paper. The pink pearl erasers were the best. Fond memories.

Don't be too hard on hubby one year I literally could not find any without glitter. It is a mess but I kind of like it.

Happy holidays everyone!
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    Anonymous

Comment

Sorry Kathy, this makes me laugh

I like all that glitters, I even wear glitter nail polish. I have a friend that when I open something she mails me I need to open with caution, it usually contains glitter. It is certainly a pain in the butt to clean up
                      Diagnosed 1984
                      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
                      X