Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

right knee buckles does anyone use a brace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right knee buckles does anyone use a brace?

My right leg gives out so used soft knee brace but not much help- solutions anyone?

Knee Brace

Originally posted by SummerTobin View Post
    My right leg gives out so used soft knee brace but not much help- solutions anyone?
    Yes, my left knee buckles and I use a a brace for support. I have the OrthoPo HyperEx Knee. This is my second one of this brand, there are others available. I got mine from prosthetis, I'd recommend getting a professional evaluation.

I do recommend getting one, it really does help!

Linda
    Linda
    Diagnosed RRMS 1985
    Tysabri 5/07-3/10: Avonex 8/10

Comment

Have you worked with a Physical Therapist? Exercise?

Knee buckling can happen to anyone, with or without MS. There are multiple muscles that help support the knee. It is very possible that some of those muscles have become weak which will cause knee buckling.

Using the help of a Physical Therapist, on going exercise, yoga, weight training, swimming and walking can be quite beneficial.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Agree with Snoopy. My left knee used to give out. I then had a meniscus tear after a fall down steps. I did PT for that, and what do you know, it hasn't buckled since. It has been 3 years since the PT.

It is definitely worth getting a PT evaluation.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X