X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KoKo
    replied
    Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
    Does anyone think it's possible that the younger PwMS are diagnosed quicker, put on a DMT quicker, and can stay in the workforce longer (or until they can retire at a suitable age like everyone else?)? I know when I was working it wasn't like I had the same kind of time to be here as I do now.
    Yes, that is very possible. I became much more active here after I retired on disability.

Also, there are many more MS forums available than there used to be, and there are also MS support social media sites on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Take Care

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    Does anyone think it's possible that the younger PwMS are diagnosed quicker, put on a DMT quicker, and can stay in the workforce longer (or until they can retire at a suitable age like everyone else?)? ... If we all could get repaired after the fact, none of us would need this site.
    This is a hopeful thought. Perhaps one reason that we see less traffic on MSWorld is the that younger PwMS have less need for our support?

Leave a comment:

• Tawanda
    replied
    Does anyone think it's possible that the younger PwMS are diagnosed quicker, put on a DMT quicker, and can stay in the workforce longer (or until they can retire at a suitable age like everyone else?)? I know when I was working it wasn't like I had the same kind of time to be here as I do now. I am hoping that the chirping sound of crickets that we've been hearing at MSW is a good thing. If we all could get repaired after the fact, none of us would need this site. Until that breakthrough, thanks to all who travel here, and especially those who join/post as well.

Leave a comment:

• KoKo
    replied
    Originally posted by oceanpride View Post
    Wheel chair kamikaze hasn’t put anything up on his blog since last January ? I liked reading his stuff. I think he had just started rituximab and was having some issues with UTI’s and kidney stones. Does anyone know any updates on him ? As far as MS goes he was pretty informative and really could lay it out there , simply. I’ve been checking now almost every day for nine months and nothing. I fear the worst.
    oceanpride ~

I haven't seen anything new on Marc's blog for a long time either.

Hope he is ok.

Take Care

Leave a comment:

• oceanpride
    replied
    Wheel chair kamikaze hasn’t put anything up on his blog since last January ? I liked reading his stuff. I think he had just started rituximab and was having some issues with UTI’s and kidney stones. Does anyone know any updates on him ? As far as MS goes he was pretty informative and really could lay it out there , simply. I’ve been checking now almost every day for nine months and nothing. I fear the worst.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    Originally posted by REG53 View Post
    Mama buy- Love what you said, it is so true.
    Thanks, Reg53.

I have so much to be grateful for. I have a lot of "right tribe" friends and acquaintances.

Although MSWorld friends are cyber friends, and we haven't met in person (usually), I hope that we can be "right tribe" acquaintances for each other. I hope that we care for and about each other. We can add to each others' buckets of resilience, which is one factor (of many) that can contribute to health.

Leave a comment:

• REG53
    replied
    Tawanda- Glad you are still standing and doing ok.

Shoo - I do that a lot of days.

TaoWarrior -Thats fantastic Gilyena working so well for you. I can't imagine a 70 hr work wk.

Mama buy- Love what you said, it is so true.

Leave a comment:

• pennstater
    replied
    Tawanda - glad to hear. I now have Elton John's "I'm still standing" playing over and over in my head!

TaoWarrior - great to hear your neuro change and treatment change have you feeling better and back working. I am sure it is tough.

Mamabug - loved your thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    Originally posted by Myoak View Post
    Does caring change anything? Can caring improve health?

What do you think?
    I've been thinking about Myoak's question.

My feeling is "yes". Connections with others creates resilience. Connections create caring. Caring about others is good for us. being cared about by others is good for us.

Gratitude creates resilience. If we are connected to and cared about by others, those connections offer a lot to be grateful for.

Leave a comment:

• KoKo
    replied
    I'm still standing!

Literally!

I am doing ok and I still post. Just not as much.
    That's great to know, Tawanda!

Love this site and this group!!
    You've been a very thoughtful and valuable member here for many years! Thank you!

Take Care

Leave a comment:

• TaoWarrior
    replied
    In my case I have been relapse free for 3 years now on Gilyena and working my tail off. After a scare and 2 years not working I got a new Neuro and he got me on a good path. So I went back to work full time and I pick up side work whenever I can. Which means I end up working 40-70 hours a week.

While everything is going pretty well the fact is I still have MS and that kind of schedule takes a toll so most days I just get home stare at the TV for a couple hours then sleep until I have to do it again the next day. It is hard but after 2 years with a cane and 10-12 hours of sleep a day plus assorted MS issues and just generally feeling like crud 24/7 I feel blessed to be able to do it.

I'm glad this forum is still here for days when I feel up to checking it. Thanks mods for keeping it alive it is a fantastic resource and without it's help during the dark years I'm not sure I would be doing as well as I am now. Hopefully it can guide other people towards successful living with MS.

Leave a comment:

• Tawanda
    replied
    I'm still standing!

Literally!

I am doing ok and I still post. Just not as much. Love this site and this group!!

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    It seems Reg53's post has touched a chord with many of us. We miss a more active board, and we miss those who no longer post.

Originally posted by Myoak View Post
    When I win the lottery, I'd love to arrange travel and a banquet for everyone using this site so we could meet one another. Now that would be fun!
    Awesome 👍 ! We'll be looking forward to you winning the lottery and following through with this.

Actually, I've met three people, in person, from this board.

One was Alan Mandel, our CEO. He invited me to attend a patient advocate seminar with him in Kansas City about three years ago.

One was someone from California whose parents used to live in KS, about 30 minutes away from me. We saw each other once a year, whenever she came to visit. Once, she was in Kansas the same time my Dad was visiting, so we all met together at her parents' home. We're still good friends on Facebook. I miss having the opportunity to see her in person.

The third person was a former volunteer at MSWorld. Although we met for coffee once and had an ok visit, we didn't really "connect".

But meeting MSWorld friends in person is incredible!

Leave a comment:

• Shoo
    replied
    I know I just read everything, but I am different than everyone else. Then I just go and hang out in the arcade.

I have been coming here of and on for years and its always new people and wonder what happen to them and how their doing.

Shoo

Leave a comment:

• REG53
    replied
    Myoak, I not sure but what I am sure of is Caring about Jesus and knowing he Cares about me gets me thru the pain and gives me strength to face another day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X