Specialty Pharmacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Specialty Pharmacy

I've become totally dissatisfied with my specialty pharmacy. Orders don't get filled. They give a date for delivery (2 days in advance) and then cancel the order at 7pm the day before. They claim I need a renewal for my refill when I don't. I live in the Northeast and they send the medication from Florida (after ordering it from my local specialty pharmacy). Etc. etc...
    Can anyone recommend one?
    Thanks!

My insurance company chooses my specialty pharmacy, and occasionally changes pharmacies. I don't know if I have a choice.

But I currently use CVS; haven't had a problem.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

You didn’t reveal which specialty pharmacy you are using. I have used Walgreens for many years and have found them very efficient. But there is such a monopoly for these kinds of pharmacies you don’t have much choice.

Comment

We have used ACS (tel 877 985 6337) for the lat 20 years. No complaints at all. We are in south jersey, they are in Florida.

Comment

Where in the northeast?

Originally posted by its2much View Post
          I've become totally dissatisfied with my specialty pharmacy. Orders don't get filled. They give a date for delivery (2 days in advance) and then cancel the order at 7pm the day before. They claim I need a renewal for my refill when I don't. I live in the Northeast and they send the medication from Florida (after ordering it from my local specialty pharmacy). Etc. etc...
          Can anyone recommend one?
          Thanks!
          I live in western ma. Near Springfield, Longmeadow, Agawam.... the big hospital is Baystate. Baystate recently opened its own specialty pharmacy so I switched my Ampyra from what I did have to Baystate. Much better service. Was it Caremark I was using? Maybe. But the delivery schedule went from great to inconsistent.
          "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

Working...
          X