Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we bring on the MS Hug by some action?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Do we bring on the MS Hug by some action?

    Is there something we might be doing unconsciously that kicks the HUG into action? I guess that question could apply to most symptoms. Last night.. out of nowhere... my right toes went numb. I've never felt that in my right foot. It's always been in the left. So what's different here?

    I get the HUG a lot and wondered about this Air Hunger I have. When I go through days or weeks of struggling to get a deep breath I feel the squeezing around my ribs and back more.

    Sorry, I'm just full of old repeat questions and some new strange ones.
    Marti




    The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

    #2
    Originally posted by marti View Post
    Is there something we might be doing unconsciously that kicks the HUG into action? I guess that question could apply to most symptoms. Last night.. out of nowhere... my right toes went numb. I've never felt that in my right foot. It's always been in the left. So what's different here?
    Hello marti

    I don't have experience with the 'hug', but I can comment on my symptoms in general.

    My MS symptoms that come and go are basically brought on, or triggered by: temperature changes (being too warm or too cold), overactivity, having a virus or infection, or becoming over anxious.

    Sometimes there seems to be no trigger at all for a symptom to appear, which I suppose is just the nature of MS.

    Also, some of the symptoms that started out by 'coming and going' only occasionally, I now have all the time.

    Take Care
    PPMS for 24 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by marti View Post
      Is there something we might be doing unconsciously that kicks the HUG into action?
      In my experience, the MS hug came on for no reason and nothing I did beforehand caused it. I really don't know anything about doing something unconsciously to cause it.

      I know you also have costochondritis from what I've read from you. Could this possibly be contributing to the pain and squeezing?

      Hope you feel better soon
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

      Comment


        #4
        I get horrible cramps in my abdomen (like a charlie horse in my leg). I have to stand up and breathe to get rid of them. i have noticed they come on when I laugh too much, bend over, or move wrong. They don't usually happen if I am just sitting. Neuro said because they were in my abdomen, it was probably MS. Since one happened during a visit, he believed me .
        Brenda
        Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          In my experience, the MS hug came on for no reason and nothing I did beforehand caused it. I really don't know anything about doing something unconsciously to cause it.

          I know you also have costochondritis from what I've read from you. Could this possibly be contributing to the pain and squeezing?

          Hope you feel better soon

          Thanks Seasha... I haven't thought about the Costochondritis in association with the HUG symptoms, but that makes sense. My Costo is chronic. Thanks.
          Marti




          The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            Hello marti

            I don't have experience with the 'hug', but I can comment on my symptoms in general.

            My MS symptoms that come and go are basically brought on, or triggered by: temperature changes (being too warm or too cold), overactivity, having a virus or infection, or becoming over anxious.

            Sometimes there seems to be no trigger at all for a symptom to appear, which I suppose is just the nature of MS.

            Also, some of the symptoms that started out by 'coming and going' only occasionally, I now have all the time.

            Take Care

            Thanks Koko. Your answer makes perfect sense. If I had thought about it longer I probably would have come up with the same things you did. I have a lot of chronic symptoms that never seem to go away anymore.
            Marti




            The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by marti View Post
              Is there something we might be doing unconsciously that kicks the HUG into action? I guess that question could apply to most symptoms. Last night.. out of nowhere... my right toes went numb. I've never felt that in my right foot. It's always been in the left. So what's different here?

              I get the HUG a lot and wondered about this Air Hunger I have. When I go through days or weeks of struggling to get a deep breath I feel the squeezing around my ribs and back more.

              Sorry, I'm just full of old repeat questions and some new strange ones.
              I don't know what sets my hug off (it never goes away completely), but I know what really makes it feel bad, usually I can deal with it, but sometimes, just as I'm starting to fall asleep, my muscles relax and that sensation of relaxed muscles against the hug muscles just freaks out my whole abdominal area which jerks me wide awake, super annoying.

              Comment

              Working...
              X