Frequent headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frequent headaches

I've had headaches almost every day for years. They never used to be very bad and I attributed them to sinus/allergy problems. But now I'm noticing more dizziness again and more headaches. Could be the heat right now.

Just wondering if headaches are common with our group. And the dizziness too. I know we've all hashed out the dizziness over and over, but now it seems to come with the headaches at times. My eyes hurt too and feel kind of off.

I'd like to hear from you guys about your headaches etc. See if we are all rowing the same MS boat.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I have frequent headaches and migraines as well (that's actually what prompted my MRI that discovered the lesions that got me diagnosed with CIS). Sometimes my eyes feel off too, not always directly associated with the headaches, but neuro mentioned it could be related to the headaches. Headaches/migraines can be for numerous reasons though. My dad has very frequent migraines and no MS.

Comment

I always have a headache. Sometimes bad, sometimes not so bad.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
        I've had headaches almost every day for years. They never used to be very bad and I attributed them to sinus/allergy problems. But now I'm noticing more dizziness again and more headaches. Could be the heat right now.

Just wondering if headaches are common with our group. And the dizziness too. I know we've all hashed out the dizziness over and over, but now it seems to come with the headaches at times. My eyes hurt too and feel kind of off.

I'd like to hear from you guys about your headaches etc. See if we are all rowing the same MS boat.
        Hi marti

Sorry to learn that you're dealing with frequent headaches and dizziness.

Thankfully, I'm not in the MS headache boat.

I rarely get headaches, so far (knocking on wood) and can't even remember my last one.

I feel fortunate in that regard.

Does taking a Tylenol, Aleve, or Advil help?

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Have you seen an EMT. I had a sinus infection that wasn't diagnosed until I saw the ENT after frequent, unexplained headaches (They weren't migraine or tension headaches.)

Comment

Originally posted by MMMMS View Post
            Have you seen an EMT. I had a sinus infection that wasn't diagnosed until I saw the ENT after frequent, unexplained headaches (They weren't migraine or tension headaches.)
            Sounds like a good plan.

Because headaches can have so many causes of origin. It might be related to another MS symptom. I get headaches, but it might be launched by muscle tightness in another area of my head, or from my posture or gait being off and I'm holding my head/body in a different way to lessen a symptom that's not even related to the headache.

Eye strain can cause me to hold my head in a different way, then headache. Stressed muscles can throw off my gait or even to walk differently can work it's way back to a headache. I hold my head to the side, so I have to accommodate that by bending my neck a little. A PT I used to have would say, "It's all connected tether"....I guess that goes for the bone song (right hand connected to your right wrist, arm, shoulder, etc....muscle all linked together and muscle tightness in another can cause headaches.

So to differentiate before hand whether it's neuro/muscular related or sinus caused would be a good thing

Comment

Yes, I've seen an ENT. Concluded that the dizziness was coming from the CNS. No physical problems in my ears. My neuro believes I have migraines, but I'm not so sure. These headaches don't have the typical migraine characteristics that usually go with them. But I guess it could be.
              Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
              X