Correct Dx???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct Dx???

I'm told I have PPMS. But after a LOT of reading I'm questioning it. The last 2 days I could not get up. I felt like was hit by a truck and couldn't stay awake or sleep more than 30 min at a time. Seems to me that is how RRMS works...?
    Any options. I go to Stanford in 21st, I will ask.
    So really how does anyone know which ingredient to pull out and say it s"this.
    I've had blood tests,MRI's x3, lumbar puncture

Hi DonnaH

Originally posted by DonnaH View Post
    The last 2 days I could not get up. I felt like was hit by a truck and couldn't stay awake or sleep more than 30 min at a time. Seems to me that is how RRMS works...?
    Are you thinking that you may be having a relapse?

Could be possible that you have extreme MS fatigue, which can affect any MS 'type'. Are you any better now?

Originally posted by DonnaH View Post
    So really how does anyone know which ingredient to pull out and say it s"this.
    I was dx'd with PPMS based on: the rule-out testing for other conditions, MRI evidence of lesions, positive LP, neurological deficits found during neuro exam, continuous gradual worsening of neurological deficits (disease progression), no relapsing events.

Symptoms (fatigue, spasticity, heat intolerance, etc) can vary from person to person and can occur in all MS types. The individual neurological symptoms don't determine the disease courses.

Hope you feel better soon.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Angry,miserable

KoKo,
      I have no idea.. I know I hate feeling this way.
      I feel useless, cant/won't work. Shoot its work just going to the bathroom.
      I'm angry because I surrendered to it, I'm not a weak person so this really bothers me. I know I've been difficult to live with because I can tell I'm snappy. It's not fair to my wife to have her dealing with it too. She's a ride or die, but I hate putting her on this rollar coaster with no end in sight.
      I'm angry at dr for not fixing me, I'm angry because I'm a good person so why me? I'm angry because I'm scared. I'm angry because I'm tired of being tired, and because I cant fix this.

Comment

Dear Donna,

You have every right to feel scared and feel anger. You can vent all you need to here. It's a safe space to get all your emotions out as we have been where you are. You are grieving and that's to be expected. It takes a long time to go through the stages of grief!

Whether you are RRMS, SPMS or PPMS - it's all the same when it comes to learning how to deal with the DX and any symptoms we have.

I am a long timer (30years and SPMS) and still have moments when it all seems so unfair. I used to feel that the whole ordeal seemed out of control. Control now? Well, at this point in my life the control I own has to do with eating healthy and exercising.

I wish you better days and keep your chin up if you can. And good luck on the 21st at Standford. Keep us up to date.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X