Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could I Have MS?

Hello all,

I'll try to keep this brief. A week and a half ago a shelter house in our yard blew into our neighbor's yard and I had to go take it down and move it. Our neighbor was a very stressful experience as he was swearing at me and very angry. Then later in the day I was lifting 25 pound concrete blocks and at one point carried one on a shoulder. A couple of hours later I started making dinner and my feet/legs started getting tingling/burning/muscle soreness feeling. The next day my upper back, shoulders, arms, and hands were also experiencing the same symptoms and it's continued every day since then. On Sunday I wore heels and my sciatica went crazy for about 24 hours. I've had that for over 20 years but normally it doesn't act up unless I do something to irritate it.

So these symptoms come and go throughout the day, and go away completely at night. If I'm laying down and very relaxed they are almost gone as well. If I am relaxed in general they are better. I'll wake up in the morning and feel normal and then the symptoms will start again. I'm a full-time student so I sit/use my hands a lot. These sensations and aches are worse when I'm sitting, typing, writing, or driving. If I change positions or walk or move in some way then the sensations/aches will get better.

Then today the front of my tongue feels tingly. So that has me worried. I am under a lot of stress. Does this sound like it could be MS or is this a combination of stress/injury from all the lifting I did?

April

Hi April and welcome to MSWorld.

If you have not seen your Primary Care Physician the please do so. What you are experiencing could be due to just about anything such as an injury. Having improvement due to movement isn't how MS works. Hopefully, you are dealing with something easily fixed

Take care.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thanks for your reply! So just to get this straight, MS symptoms don't improve with movement, such as changing positions or walking around? Is it normal for symptoms to go away completely when you're laying down relaxing or asleep?

Thanks,

April

Comment

Exercise is recommended for those with MS and has been shown to help with some symptoms (fatigue, spasticity, balance/mobility, pain). Exercise would not make all symptoms go away and changing positions will not make any difference with MS symptoms.

Abnormal sensations such as tingling or burning is normal with MS but you can't make them go away by changing positions or moving around.

Is it normal for symptoms to go away completely when you're laying down relaxing or asleep?
        Depending on the symptom(s) the answer is no. Some symptoms can bother us whether we are sleeping, relaxing, moving, etc.

There is a diagnostic criteria for Multiple Sclerosis, The Revised McDonald Criteria. Many other conditions, some medications, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, and mental health issues can cause symptoms similar to MS, there is no symptom exclusive to this disease. Part of the diagnostic criteria for MS is to rule out all other possible causes for a persons symptoms and testing that would indicate MS as a possibility.

Hope that answered your questions
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Pinched nerve maybe?
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Working...
          X