PPMS.... stem cells therapy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPMS.... stem cells therapy?

I'm new to having a name(PPMS) to my issues.
    I've never really heard to much about it before I learned I have it.
    Wow the reading we've been doing is crazy which is why I sought out real people.
    I believe I'll begin Ocervus in April, even I don't back out. I don't usually care about side effects, but I've had Shingles twice already, 3 family members with breast cancer. So yeah I'm leery.
    But we've read about Stem Cells. Does anyone know what the talk is about. Are they have any help for us?

Originally posted by DonnaH View Post
    I'm new to having a name(PPMS) to my issues.
    I've never really heard to much about it before I learned I have it.
    Wow the reading we've been doing is crazy which is why I sought out real people.
    I believe I'll begin Ocervus in April, even I don't back out. I don't usually care about side effects, but I've had Shingles twice already, 3 family members with breast cancer. So yeah I'm leery.
    But we've read about Stem Cells. Does anyone know what the talk is about. Are they have any help for us?
    First, I would recommend you get the Shingrix vaccine if you haven't already to prevent any further episodes of shingles. It is two doses 2-6 months apart, and its effectiveness is well over 90%.

Stem cell treatment is still in the early stages of research. There have been positive results, with it being recommended for the young, newly diagnosed, with very aggressive MS. IMHO, I would begin with Ocrevus, a highly effective new drug. Right now, you need to slow down the inflammation you are experiencing. You would then have time to research stem cells and wait for further study results. Dr. Burt from Northwestern, and Dr. Tisch in New York, are two of the doctors doing current studies. You can google them for the results and where their studies are currently.

Comment

Hi DonnaH -

Here is a copy of my reply to another thread about Dr. Sadiq's stem cell treatment at Tisch MS center in case you're interested.

Phase 1 went well with no adverse side affects and 3/4 of participants gained benefits . From Feb 2018- https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.c...ell-treatment/

For Phase 11- The Phase 2 trial (NCT03355365) is recruiting about 50 patients with primary progressive or secondary progressive MS. Patients must have an EDSS between 3 and 6.5.
      https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...55365#contacts (scroll up)
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
      X