X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opthamolodynia.periodica...sharp pain through the eye

Has anyone experienced this?
    (description below)
    I get it on and off alot. No known origination. It feels just like it is described. Mine have been small, not too bad but tonight i got a bad one, extremely sharp pain. It doesnt last long, but it sure hurt.
    I do have a cataract in that eye. Not sure if its related, the description says its not, or related to MS. Very curious to see if others with MS have this, and if its neurological.

Ophthalmodynia periodica is also referred to as "ice-pick headache", "needle-in-the-eye syndrome", and "sharp short-lived head pain".[1] Another well-known name for ophthalmodynia periodica is "jabs and jolts syndrome".[2] Ophthalmodynia periodica is considered a primary headache disorder, so it is not caused by any other conditions.

This sounds like something I go thru constantly. But it's never been named for me. My eye appointments always come out satisfactory to the doctor. I have a mild case of TN and my neuro believes I've had ON at some time or other. My vision is ok, but I have tons of pain in and around my eyes. Usually only one eye. Thanks for the terminology. I'll look that up.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

I had this before called Iritis and it required steroid eye drops and dilating drops to bing down inflammation. If it gets worse, see an eye doctor.

Comment

Working...
      X