Deep Tendon Reflexes/ Eye Inflammation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deep Tendon Reflexes/ Eye Inflammation

I have a quick question. Does anyone on the board have absent or poor deep tendon reflexes? I know it is more common to have hyper-reflexia in MS but I usually have no reflexes at all. I saw my neurologist today and he couldn't elicit any reflexes, even when I was doing a reinforcement maneuver. It is one of the many things that makes my presentation atypical.

Oh, another quick question. Does anyone else have issues in inflammatory eyes conditions such as Iritis, Uveitis, Scleritis or or Episcleritis? I am still recovering from left optic neuritis but have a raging case of Episcleritis at the moment. I have had the other ones mentioned in the past couple of years, too.

Thanks, Polopuppy

I've gone thru some exams where I don't respond to the little hammer. Sounds like what you are talking about. Nothing has ever been done, just noted.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Iritis here! It hurts so bad, but was controlled with steroid and dilating drops. I hope your eye problems clear up quickly.

Comment

Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about Marti. It is interesting to hear that you have had it happen. Are your reflexes ever hyper?

Thanks for your response, Tia. I agree that iritis and the others are very painful. My eyes hurt, burn like I am cutting buckets of onions and water like a faucet. Do you know why you got it? Do you have other autoimmune diseases?

Comment

Yes, I have an inflammatory arthritis, the name of which changes, depending on the doctor.

Comment

Working...
          X