Just how bad is your fatigue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just how bad is your fatigue?

I'm wondering if fatigue makes anyone feel absolutely awful throughout your whole body. This is unrelenting, worsening, and becoming debilitating. I feel so totally sick all over, inside and out, in every direction every day and every night. I don't sleep much so I know that is part of the problem, but sleep does not matter in the severity of this exhaustion. Sleep or no sleep. I am miserable. Makes me feel like there's a disease process going on in every part of my body.

Are you all "sick" from your fatigue?
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Fatigue is my worst symptom and it’s bad enough to have me out on disability. I don’t function the way I used to and definitely not we’ll enough to hold down a job.
    I don’t suffer from insomnia, though. I’m a good sleeper. Too good, actually.
    I’m just as tired as someone who has the flu on my worst days and as bad as someone with a less terrible virus on my best days. So yes, my fatigue feels like it’s own sickness.
    I was just given Modafinil to fight the fatigue. I’ve only taken it a few times so I’m not sure if it’s working well or if I’ve just had some better days. Time will tell.
    “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
      I'm wondering if fatigue makes anyone feel absolutely awful throughout your whole body. This is unrelenting, worsening, and becoming debilitating. I feel so totally sick all over, inside and out, in every direction every day and every night. I don't sleep much so I know that is part of the problem, but sleep does not matter in the severity of this exhaustion. Sleep or no sleep. I am miserable. Makes me feel like there's a disease process going on in every part of my body.

Fatigue is definitely one of my major symptoms. I sleep 9 or 10 hours per night and take 1or 2 naps during the day.

But feeling awful throughout your whole body and feeling sick all over sounds like more than fatigue.

I've felt that way, recently, sometimes, the past two months, but it's not just fatigue. Doctors are still trying to figure out what's going on with me. For me, it's related to kidney or bladder or something.

I encourage you to pursue trying to figure out what else is going on with you. It sounds like more than just fatigue. Talk to a doctor about your symptoms.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        Fatigue is definitely one of my major symptoms. I sleep 9 or 10 hours per night and take 1or 2 naps during the day.

But feeling awful throughout your whole body and feeling sick all over sounds like more than fatigue.

I've felt that way, recently, sometimes, the past two months, but it's not just fatigue. Doctors are still trying to figure out what's going on with me. For me, it's related to kidney or bladder or something.

I encourage you to pursue trying to figure out what else is going on with you. It sounds like more than just fatigue. Talk to a doctor about your symptoms.

Thanks Mama. I kind of think that way too. But this has been going on for a very, very long time. It's just getting worse now. I've had so many tests... goose egg. I have an upcoming neuro appt at the end of the month. Maybe that will get some action going.
        Marti

Comment

Originally posted by IntoDust View Post
          Fatigue is my worst symptom and it’s bad enough to have me out on disability. I don’t function the way I used to and definitely not we’ll enough to hold down a job.
          I don’t suffer from insomnia, though. I’m a good sleeper. Too good, actually.
          I’m just as tired as someone who has the flu on my worst days and as bad as someone with a less terrible virus on my best days. So yes, my fatigue feels like it’s own sickness.
          I was just given Modafinil to fight the fatigue. I’ve only taken it a few times so I’m not sure if it’s working well or if I’ve just had some better days. Time will tell.

Thanks Katie. I took Provigil years ago. Can't remember it helping or not helping. But I plan on asking the neuro at the end of the month. This kind of fatigue is not just being tired. You know that!
          Marti

Comment

Thanks Katie. I took Provigil years ago. Can't remember it helping or not helping. But I plan on asking the neuro at the end of the month. This kind of fatigue is not just being tired. You know that!
            Agreed. Tired isn't even the right word to describe it!
            I was warned to Modafinil would not be covered by insurance and that it was really expensive. Like hundreds of dollars a month. Luckily Costco Pharmacy has it for around $40. It's still more than I want to spend and just adds to the never ending list of medications that I pay out of pocket or sky high deductibles for. MS is a really expensive disease
            “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

Comment

Hi Marti I am miserable too,from the time I wake till till bedtime.Your post sounds like me.We need a new energy med.Dave

Comment

Hi marti

Yes, I have had that type of MS fatigue, which makes me "feel so totally sick all over".

It really feels like having an awful case of the flu - minus the cough, congestion, sore throat and fever!

I've had the all over fatigue to the point of near nausea.

Fortunately, I haven't had that type of fatigue for quite awhile, thank goodness.

I do have motor fatigue on a regular basis, though, which is type of fatigue that occurs in my muscles (my arms, legs, and back) that are not receiving adequate nerve impulses due to demyelination. My muscles tire easily and quickly with overuse (which is regular use for healthy people). I get extreme weakness and can barely move, and then have to rest for awhile to recover.

But this type of fatigue doesn't make me feel bad, or sick all over, thankfully.

In any case, hopefully you will get some relief, marti.

Take Care
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                  Hi marti

Yes, I have had that type of MS fatigue, which makes me "feel so totally sick all over".

It really feels like having an awful case of the flu - minus the cough, congestion, sore throat and fever!

I've had the all over fatigue to the point of near nausea.

Fortunately, I haven't had that type of fatigue for quite awhile, thank goodness.

I do have motor fatigue on a regular basis, though, which is type of fatigue that occurs in my muscles (my arms, legs, and back) that are not receiving adequate nerve impulses due to demyelination. My muscles tire easily and quickly with overuse (which is regular use for healthy people). I get extreme weakness and can barely move, and then have to rest for awhile to recover.

But this type of fatigue doesn't make me feel bad, or sick all over, thankfully.

In any case, hopefully you will get some relief, marti.

Take Care

Thanks again. Can you tell me how you know about this: I do have motor fatigue on a regular basis, though, which is type of fatigue that occurs in my muscles (my arms, legs, and back) that are not receiving adequate nerve impulses due to demyelination. My muscles tire easily and quickly with overuse.

Did you have some special tests?
                  Marti

Comment

marti ~

No special tests, other than the usual neuro exam and description of symptoms.

You can read about it in this pamphlet from the National MS Society, on Page 9

What are the Types of MS Related Fatigue

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Na...hould-Know.pdf

Take Care
                    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

When I felt that bad, it turned out to be a thyroid problem. Did they check yours?

Comment

Originally posted by MMMMS View Post
                        When I felt that bad, it turned out to be a thyroid problem. Did they check yours?

I was hyper with Graves... had ablation and became hypo. I've tried and tried to talk to my endo about this and he is like the others... stubborn. He won't admit that the thyroid could be causing some of these problems. I have labs drawn a couple times a year and they always come out good. Even my uneducated mind can see that. I will see the endo at the end of this month. Thanks.
                        Marti

Comment

Working...
                        X