Selma Blair shares pics with cane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selma Blair shares pics with cane

Does anyone how long Selma has had MS? I know she just came out in October but I wonder how long she's known she has MS.

She looked beautiful in the pictures. I applaud her for being so open about her struggles and hope she gets some relief from this miserable disease.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
    Does anyone how long Selma has had MS? I know she just came out in October but I wonder how long she's known she has MS.

She looked beautiful in the pictures. I applaud her for being so open about her struggles and hope she gets some relief from this miserable disease.
    Hi Jules

Blair says she was diagnosed on August 15th of this year (2018), but she believes that she has had symptoms for at least 15 years. She originally thought she had something simple, like a "pinched nerve." A friend finally talked her into seeing her brother, a Los Angeles neurologist. During the visit, she fell in front of him, leading to an MRI, which revealed the diagnosis.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/c...iagnosis/76354

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...s-ms-diagnosis

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

From what I’ve read, she’s likely had MS for the past 15 years, starting at age 30. Since she didn’t know and wasn’t using a DMD for the duration of the disease it’s likely she transitioned to SPMS and this is why her symptoms got to a point in which she couldn’t ignore them anymore.
      Of course this is pure speculation on my part but it makes the most sense.
      “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

Comment

Thanks Ladies!
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Working...
        X