Getting through the "firsts"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting through the "firsts"

I've passed what would have been our 46th anniversary without too much trouble. Now we've had the first Thanksgiving and Christmas without Sam. When my second daughter got here we looked into each other's eyes and both broke down. But after that everyone was fairly ok.

I set up a little tabletop Christmas tree that blinked with batteries in Sam's room on Christmas Eve and it is still blinking. It reminds me of how he wound down... slowly losing it's charge. Going to leave it there until the batteries are out.

Hope everyone had a peaceful, lovely holiday and wishing us all a better New Year!
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Thinking of you, Marti~ I do remember those landmarks from my own story and it does get better over time. I know I didn't want people saying that to me at the time, but it's true.

What a loving tribute you set up in Sam's room. I love it! Shining the light for Sam's life

Wishing you a healthy and peaceful year ahead.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
      ... it does get better over time.
      I haven't lost a spouse. I lost my Mom too soon, but I know it's not the same.

And, yes. It does get better over time. Once in awhile, an inexpensive trigger might still "get" you. But, even that's not so bad. It just reminds you how much your loved one meant to you.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Marti,

Just catching up. I am sure your holidays were filled with so many mixed emotions. Glad you were surrounded by family to help you with another difficult first. I hope you are doing well.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thank you everyone. It has been a tough time. The worst is yet to come. Our son was born on Sam's birthday so that milestone will be different.

The little battery operated Christmas tree went out today.... one week after I turned it on. It was like watching Sam fade away, but it was good. Every day the lights got slower and dimmer. Just like Sam.

Wishing all of you a very Happy New Year... full of love and good health!
          Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
          X