Major Stressing and panic setting in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Stressing and panic setting in

I’m really trying to hold it together but it’s starting to get to me.

MS dx has shattered my life, took me out of my livelihood, income is virtually non-existence now. I’m down to $450.00, I have no significant employment and can’t find any, I’m living with parents in a home not paid off and my folks are getting on with a very sick mother and I’m scared now I’ve got nowhere to go if things get worse. I’m currently going to be starting school diploma in sept. 2019 but right now I am freaking out, I’m considering bankruptcy as I don’t have the income of pre-dx and still have bills albeit less but (no mortgage) can’t keep up to them with my part time job.

im going to meet a gvmnt agent to apply for Alberta income support, I’ve gotta go two-three years till I even have a chance at a job and new career, I just can’t stop worrying about everything it’s really hitting me hard.

this stress is not good for my MS surely although that’s stable thankfully I need to get som relief it’s grinding me down.

pls help I’m looking to far into the future I’m thinking but I need to figure out what I’m gonna do I’m in an awful position right now mentally. I dont know how it came to this.

Have you talked to your doctor about using an anti anxiety med for awhile? It sounds like you've hit the MS lottery big time right now. I have a feeling you will make it through, given your positive personality. But it might take awhile.

Maybe we all hit this low spot, but for different reasons and at different times. Seems logical. It's especially hard for a lot of people at Christmas time. I know my anxiety races for a couple of months in the winter.

Best to you Ant. Wish I could do more than just send a few words of encouragement.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant1981 View Post
      im going to meet a gvmnt agent to apply for Alberta income support
      Ant ~ This appears to be a positive, proactive step.

Originally posted by Ant1981 View Post
      this stress is not good for my MS surely although that’s stable thankfully I need to get som relief it’s grinding me down.
      It is very true that a lot of stress is not good. Did your therapist help you to learn any stress reducing techniques that you could apply to your situation?

They're not useful unless we practice them.

Easy Does It!

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

If you cannot afford a light therapy light, please consider putting your bedside lamp on a timer to go on at least a half hour before you have to wake up. Even with eyelids closed, your body senses the light and it helps fight SAD (seasonal affective disorder). Sometimes shortened daylength is enough to dampen mood. It´s worth a try and only costs the cost of a timer.

Some positive spin- despite your stress/anxiety double combo, you are not having a relapse and that is amazing. I was having 2 relapses a year when the job stress reached crescendo level.

Compassionate meditation is known to positively alter your brain and physiology.
        Think "peace" on the nasal inhale
        Think "kindness" on the nasal exhale
        Think "safety" on the nasal inhale
        Think "compassion" on the nasal exhale
        Repeat cycle

When you think you´ve internalized this for yourself, add in your thoughts about another specific person after daily practice for at least a week of just self-compassion. After some daily practice with that for a while add in a more distant person or group.

Give yourself the gift of a daily psoas stretch- just google and you´ll find choices. The psoas holds onto emotional pain. Stretching it is a release.

Thinking of you,
        Temagami

Comment

Thanks again guys

I really look to here to get the support I’m looking for. It’s a huge help along with the chat as well.

it is overwhelming but i got through my relapse and trapped at home and hospital for months now I’m almost fully recovered, this is a new challenge now but I can do it. My parents are gonna be fine, I’ll get my student loan, get a job eventually and finish my diploma then on my way to sucess all the whole exercise, eating right, manage my stress and MS.

i believe I will make it

Comment

I don’t know much about the social services that Canada offers, so I apologize if I’m not much help but I’ll try.
            Im not sure how long ago you quit your job, but is it possible to apply for some sort of disability as you are working substantially less now? That could help to supplement your income.
            Also, please talk to financial aid at your school about sholarships and grants. You could receive money not just to pay for your classes but money on top as well.
            I understand that everything changed since your diagnosis, but you’ve been very stable for a while now.
            Your home life sounds stressful and I understand because I have lived exactly what you’re going through - twice. Both of my parents had cancer. I was young when my mom passed, but I remember how stressful it was once she became terminal. My dad survived his cancer, but he was on hospice for a year and my sisters and I were his caretakers. It sucked the life out of me and my first MS relapse was during this time. So when I tell you I get it, I mean it. I get it!
            You have so much going on right now that I think it would be good to list all of your stresses in order of how stressful they are. Eliminate what you can. For the things you can’t, make a small plan on how it can be improved. Work on that list one problem at a time.
            “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

Comment

The meditation tip Temagami suggested sound like a winner. A little bit of yoga seems to help me. I watch fightmasteryoga on YouTube but there are plenty free instructional videos online. Give it a try.
              The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Working...
              X