Cheat Code for Quick Recovery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheat Code for Quick Recovery?

The house is clean(ish), and the Xmas decorations are up. What I need now is a quick recovery so the next week isn't a misery. My legs are done. Eyes blurry.

Do you have any cheats to beat fatigue quickly?

Originally posted by MMMMS View Post
    The house is clean(ish), and the Xmas decorations are up. What I need now is a quick recovery so the next week isn't a misery. My legs are done. Eyes blurry.

MMMMS

I haven't found anything to make fatigue recovery come quicker.

Rest and time are the only things that I know.

I would also love to hear if anyone has any "cheats"!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Rest and time are the only things that I know.

That's the only "cheat" I know of, wish there was something else
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

short term motor fatigue

I would like to add that for short term motor fatigue (for example from taking a walk, or exercising) ~ rest, cooling down, and eating or drinking something ice cold really helps to accelerate the recovery time, for me.

Take Care
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thank you! That's exactly what I experience. I didn't know there was a specific name for it. The next time this happens, I'm going to try drinking icy water. Do you get blurry vision with this fatigue, too?

I did nothing much today, and I feel better than this morning.

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          I would like to add that for short term motor fatigue (for example from taking a walk, or exercising) ~ rest, cooling down, and eating or drinking something ice cold really helps to accelerate the recovery time, for me.

Take Care

Comment

I did nothing much today, and I feel better than this morning.
            Glad to learn that you're feeling a little better!

I didn't know there was a specific name for it. The next time this happens, I'm going to try drinking icy water.
            When we're active, our core body temperature rises, and this can slow down the nerve signals to our muscles. Extra effort is then needed to perform the activity, causing fatigue.

Do you get blurry vision with this fatigue, too?
            Yes, I get blurry vision, weakness, and my balance gets worse due to 'warming up'.

Here are some references for you, if interested:

Motor fatigue: A type of fatigue that occurs in muscles (most often in the legs or arms) that are not receiving adequate nerve impulses due to demyelination. These muscles may tire quickly with repeated use causing feelings of extreme weakness and recover following a period of rest.

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Na...hould-Know.pdf

Relieving Fatigue through Cooling
            Research has shown that nerves with damaged myelin are sensitive to changes in temperature. A rise in temperature may cause nerve conduction to be less efficient, whereas a reduction in temperature may allow more signals to be transmitted across a damaged nerve.

https://mymsaa.org/ms-information/symptoms/fatigue/

Heat and Temperature Sensitivity
            Many people with MS experience a temporary worsening of their symptoms when the weather is very hot or humid, or when they run a fever. These temporary changes can result from even a slight elevation in core body temperature (one-quarter to one-half of a degree). An elevated temperature further impairs the ability of a demyelinated nerve to conduct electrical impulses.

Activities including sunbathing, exercise, and taking very hot showers or baths can have the same effect. For example, some people notice their vision becomes blurred when they get overheated — a phenomenon known as Uhthoff's sign.

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Li...re-Sensitivity

Comment

Nap when it won't be noticed.

We had about 30 people yesterday at noon, and I just sat and gave "orders." A couple people had offered to come early and help set up, so I accepted their kindness (food was ordered, and just had to be picked up. 10 really good pizzas feed lots of people, especially the guys who were eating 4 pieces) somebody had to make the trek to get them because the pizza joint is about 10 miles (in holiday traffic)...but it was done and worth it.

My husband and son were amazing putting away presents and toys that had already been opened and stashing luggage (since there are 2 pack and plays in son and DIL's room, we keep all their luggage in a certain space in the living room so it had to be moved.

But even with me not doing anything but directing, about an hour and a half into the "event" my balloon deflated rather suddenly. I slipped off to a bedroom for an hours nap, and nobody noticed I was missing.

Apart from that...there's the old family recipe for getting a quick pick me up...a cold coke (for a sugar "pump me up" and 2 tylenols because something always hurts

Comment

Originally posted by rdmc View Post
                But even with me not doing anything but directing, about an hour and a half into the "event" my balloon deflated rather suddenly.
                I get what you're saying, rdmc.

I can get totally wiped out, just from sitting in a crowded room with many conversations going on at once, even if I'm not saying much!

Take Care

Comment

Cool glass of water and lay down in a quiet place for 15 minutes, no more than 30.
                  All the best, ~G

Comment

Working...
                  X