1st MRI with new DMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st MRI with new DMD

Hello, all. Back from my self imposed hiatus. Lol.

I have my 6 month MRI on Thursday. It will be the 1st one since I switched from Avonex to Copaxone. I'm a bit nervous. My lesions have been stable for years and only in my brain. But, last year, they found a new lesion on my C spine.

Just looknig for a boost of confidence as I face this fear.

You guys are awesome!

Kitty

Originally posted by kittysmith View Post
    Hello, all. Back from my self imposed hiatus. Lol.

I have my 6 month MRI on Thursday. It will be the 1st one since I switched from Avonex to Copaxone. I'm a bit nervous. My lesions have been stable for years and only in my brain. But, last year, they found a new lesion on my C spine.

Just looknig for a boost of confidence as I face this fear.

You guys are awesome!

Kitty
    Hi Kitty

Wishing peace, calm, and confidence for you on Thursday (and every day!).

Good luck!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I have stayed steady for years on Copaxone. I had new lesions after a year on Avonex. So you will just have to see what your body likes . I hope you are the same as last year. I have done 4 DMDs, but Copaxone has been the far easiest for me. Thus I have stayed on it for 9 years rather than switching to an oral. Why rock the boat??
      Brenda
      Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

Here's hoping no change! I always tell people that it is the one time I want to be resistent to change.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thank you

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm hoping for the best. Not letting my mind go much further than that. In 10 years, I've had no new lesions until the one on my C-spine. I'll keep you updated. You guys are great.

Kitty

Comment

Wishing you the best kittysmith.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Good luck kittysmith! Let us know how it went... cheering for you for no changes!
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Welcome back Kittysmith.

Copaxone has worked well for me since I switched from betaseron in 2008.

It has reduced both the frequency and severity of flares. Here's hoping for good MRI results.
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I would think that if you have a new spinal lesion youŽd already know from the symptoms. Each time I had new sx and got a MRI, yep, there it was. So, if you are not noticing anything- have faith that there are no new ones.

Comment

Working...
                  X